Password Protected Site

Thanks a lot, ScottinPollock, very impressive.
I’ll take a good look at this - its for less than 200 members.
I wish I had (better) programming skills but your extensive comments will help enormously.
Barry

Thank you for all the suggestions. A viewable password in the source code I don’t think is good idea to implement. The Godaddy host allows directories to secure with a username/password access, which for a first approach might be sufficient and I had it working.
@ScottinPollock examples is great and very helpful. I am not there yet and might implement a php approach later on.

This is great Scott, I’m hoping to spend some time with the code you send over this week and get something built into V2.5 for this.

1 Like

Should be a walk in the park to crawl those on submission, so just add them to the array in the PHP script. If you don’t need an automated transaction to add and delete members that would be the simplest way to go.

Thanks, Scott, and it would be really great to get something like this built into future version, Norm, it’s something rarely addressed but often needed.
Blocs App just keeps getting better and better!

1 Like

Stumbled upon this, did not yet look into it. Might be useful.

https://robinmoisson.github.io/staticrypt/

Hi Norm,

Has this been implemented in 2.5 ?

Thanks and keep up with the good work.

Cheers
Phil

2 Likes

Has the password protection been implemented for Blocs yet? Thanks and best wishes, Dan

Hello I would like to implement this login that you have, could you share the code to do so? It’s what I’m looking for

Hello i am not programmer, could you explain to me how to use it?

i want to have hidden section of webpage only for crew with internal, but not TOP TOP SECRET information, i would like to hide them from public but they are not any crucial.

they will have some manuals, links for clock in clock out etc…

You can also check Sitelok from Buy Membership Software and Systems Online UK | Vibralogix

I have been using it and it works at least for me like a charm with Blocs.

@vibralogix AKA Adrian, who manages Sitelok is also very helpful.

@ScottinPollock I basically used you example script and it works well except it does not set the cookies. I have done some more looking but can’t get it to set the cookies.
I did find what I think the issue is. See the following post.

Can you offer any help how the get this working with cookies?

Thanks for the script example and any additional help you could provide.