PDF Download with Form and email subscription

Hi there

I wanted to give a way the first few chapters of my book on my website with a PDF and I managed to upload it all with a form.

The problem is that, of course, when people download the PDF I would like access to the email, but currently all that seems to happen is that the people will just get access to the file without me getting their details, which sucks.

Website link: Change of Course

Am I doing something wrong? I can’t do this through mail chimp (it appears) but is there a way to offer the PDF as a download and for me to start compiling a mailing list (outside of Mailchimp)?

Thank you for your kind help!

Regina

First idea (cheap and easy too) that comes up to me is to create an auto-responder. In that mail you give away a link to the page where people can download the PDF.
So create a Blocs form on the website, send it to a mail-address which has an auto respond set up (at your mailserver), create the response mail with the. link…

Oh, that’s a fantastic idea! Thank you ~ I will give that a shot!

So many great ways to do this.

Another simple way is to do the form collecting all the data & then don’t forget the blocs form submit button has a redirect too so this sends you the form & the user to the page with the download on.

1 Like

Thank you @AdieJAM! I chose your version, as it seemed simpler and less clunky (and I got it first go!) :smile:

2 Likes

Brilliant! @roamingchick glad it worked !

Hope it goes well for you :crossed_fingers:good luck

1 Like