Poll: Free simple or payed more complex brics?

Yes sure I’m all in :grinning:

1 Like

Ok, I’ve talked to Norm and it will probably be 6-12mos before an official marketplace site is ready. He said he’s fine w/ a temporary marketplace till he can do the official one.

So LET’S DO A TEMPORARY ONE ! I’m In. :smiley:

@Eldar - If you have the time, we would need a site that lists each product in a image grid & a simple search functionality based on some tags we could add to each product.

Obviously, a login admin backend to allow devs to add a product icon image & maybe some screenshot images and some basic info on the product: Product Name/Developer Name/Price/Current Version/Link to the product Page. I’m hoping you have a simple CMS system in mind, or something that won’t cost a lot for you.

This would be temporary and be free for the devs to use. AND when the official marketplace is ready then we have to agree to either turn the keys over to Norm or delete the site, as there can’t be two places :wink:

@webplus I think blocscommunity.com is good, but so is blocsbrics.com Either one, @webplus & @Eldar can decide which one - Just remember Norm may want the domain name, so you must be willing to transfer it to him, if he so wishes.

So @Eldar - are you up for a challenge? - It’s on your shoulders! - Keep us informed.

Bill
BricsDesign

2 Likes

@webplus @Bill

Both of your ideas sound great. Of course, I will be happy to participate!

At the moment, I am very busy with preparing for a release of my new project (not related to Blocs, or web design), but later in October, I will be able to work on our new site. If somebody can give it a go before then, I would be just happy to assist from the side!

In any case, it’s great to see the collective effort in growing our great community! :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Eldar

1 Like

It’s a bit amusing and rather ironic that @Eldar is expected to put forth all those stated features of a site for free, while 3rd party developers clamor about costs and value of their items across the forum over time.

I suspect @Eldar’s time and talents have value as well in offering to market the items. Plus he already has a large established ecosystem of traffic. Regarding his Learning Blocs and Blocs Templates sites driving users and customers to his sites already, which will instantly benefit this endeavor as well. So that should certainly be worth something.

Just saying. :wink:

PS: I think @Jannis already grabbed the best domain for it, blocsaddons .com, I doubt he is willing to relinquish that however. :–)

2 Likes

Yes, it is really great, to see the effort of the community. I am not sure, if we need really a CMS system at this state, with the some brics which exists until now, we could also create something static. @Eldar if you find a not free script which were interesting for this project, let me know, I will participate to the costs. I prefer one time payments, I am no fan of monthly payments. If hosting is needed, I also can provide this for free for this project.

A marketplace has been in the works for over a year but has been delayed due to GDPR meaning we have had to rethink how it’ll work.

But just to clarify, it is coming (2019) and it will be awesome!

5 Likes

Guys let’s continue to talk in devs channel :wink:

1 Like

@Lucas Creating a new Post or do there exists the slack channel, which @norm mentioned once?

Devs channel at Slack.

1 Like

@norm

Why not create a simple Pinned & Locked thread (editable and updated by you) at the top of the forum under the “Guide To Getting Help”. With links to all resources available by 3rd parties?

— Example —

Thread Title:

3rd Party Blocs Resources - Learning, Tutorials, Templates, Custom Blocs & Brics

Thread Content:

– Disclaimer:

The following resources and products are provided by 3rd parties and are not affiliated or associated with BlocsApp in anyway. All purchasing, support, financial, legal matters and problem resolutions surrounding 3rd party resources and products are handled solely by each 3rd party and are not the responsibility of BlocsApp in anyway.

[ or whatever you desire or is needed legally by you @norm :—) ]

– Video Training & Tutorials:

– Templates:

– Add-on Developers:

– Or include direct links to the developer sites …

Exactly.

Given the "current low number " of 3rd party custom offerings, a simple site provided as part of @Eldar’s established ecosystem would seemingly be enough.

Developers could simply provide him with screenshots, a limited text summary and URL links to their custom offering page(s) and that would be enough to help drive traffic from his established ecosystem to their channels.

When you have a new offering submit the new info which will be added to the site, similar to how he already handles builtwiithblocs.com … which he already offered above …

In the end – ultimately its up to each 3rd party to market and thus compel users to buy their products, based upon the cost, merits and features of what is being offered via their own end channels.

A site as part of @Eldar’s ecosystem along with a Pinned & Locked thread on the forum would just be aiding in funneling users to those 3rd party developer channels.

Each approach together should be enough until @norm sorts out a more official marketplace approach, IMHO.

:wink:

4 Likes

Good call.

2 Likes

A static thread has already been in use & it’s just not cutting it for the visitors - most are really visually oriented and need nicely laid out images/screenshots, etc - not text.
A nice clean visual site w/ search options is much better IMHO :wink:

Bill
BricsDesign

:confused:

When they arrive on your or others sites through each proposed avenue (@Eldar’s ecosystem or via the refined and consolidated “Pinned & Locked” thread on the forum), that then becomes your responsibility, sales are only taking place via your channels, otherwise the goal is just to bring potential interested parties to your channels.

Its odd you can’t see how these two approaches would assist in meeting that criteria until an official marketplace is set in place?

@Blocs_User Thanks for your suggestion. As always, I believe it is the best one, and the one I was thinking about from the start.

At the same time, if we need something complex and functional, I don’t have time for that. I would suggest somebody build it (I think @Bill has a great idea of what it should be like) or wait until @norm brings us THE marketplace! :slight_smile:

I think I am just going to concentrate on building new and rebuilding old templates on BlocsTemplates.com, creating more free and advanced video tutorials for BlocsMaster.com, continue to offer 1-on-1 training for Blocs (which I really enjoy to do), and update BuiltwithBlocs.com with new submissions.

Cheers,
Eldar

2 Likes

I’ll Try and bump the store along for sooner release. My plan was to get a 3rd party in to rebuild it for us. I’m thinking maybe a rails app but not sure what’s the best approach. I’m open to suggestions for the tech it’s built on.

1 Like

I think you should chose the technology, where you find a good developer and which integrates best in your software architecture and environment.

Personally I don’t like Rails, I prefer Python, php or Node.js for Backend and jQuery or VueJS for Frontend). But it is my personal opinion.

3 Likes

I really like what I am reading here!!! Great!!

For me both of the sites lead no where. Did they come to an end?
blocscommunity.com or http://blocscommunity.com

I believe blocscommunity was web plus’s temp site. Not really needed as blocs.store should hopefully have all brics listed.

Bill
BricsDesign

Thanks Bill, for letting me know