Reorder swatches

Is there a way I can reorder swatches in the Swatch Manager? It would make sense to arrange them in a logical order for reference as they are added.

Oh, and one last one… When you are setting a colour in the Style Manager, you have to input the colour directly (you can’t pick it from the Swatch Manager). This means look up the swatch, getting the colour value, and then inputting it in the Style Manager. And, of course, if you change the swatch colour, the CSS will not update. Is there a way of doing this that I am missing?

THX

1 Like

Currently there is no way to do either of these, but big improvements coming to colour management later this year.

6 Likes

@Norm How can I open the context menu as shown here …

… only thing I get in Blocs v5.1.0 via Mouse-Click + Control (Apple Mouse) is this …

You only have 1 click set on your mouse?

1 Like

@Norm I use the 1 click setting, i.e. mouse click and control key (it doesn’t work with this setting), but when I switch to the 2 click setting, it works.

1 Like

Ok I’ll take a look

1 Like

I’ve added a little patch for this in todays beta of Blocs 5.1.1 build 2. Give it a try when its released here on the forum later today.

2 Likes

@Norm Patch works in Blocs-Beta v5.1.1 build 2 (one click setting is working now).

The same error also occurs with the preview button (it doesn’t show the context menu either). This does not work in Blocs v5.1.0, nor in the beta.

1 Like

Ok I’ll take a look

1 Like

I’ve got that fixed up. The next release will include for support for this.

2 Likes

@Norm Is it already possible to reorder color swatches? If so, how? Thanks.

As a wordaround, this tip may help

1 Like

You can re-order the swatches via the class editor. If you open a class and then click on the swatch, you can re-order by drag and drop. The results will also be shown in the normal swatch manager in the settings panel, but you cannot re-order from there.

3 Likes

Ok, that’s great! Thank you.
I probably wouldn’t have thought of looking there. @Norm This should probably be communicated better, because I didn’t find anything about it in the help documentation.

1 Like

Thank you! :partying_face:

I knew I had re-sorted swatches during a beta (thought I was going :crazy_face:),or it had been pulled! Because I was trying in the swatch manager.

Absolutely crazy it’s not in the swatch manager but in the class editor?

@Flashman @Jerry this explains it :rofl: having asked both of you.

3 Likes

You can only re-arrange on the Global Swatch tab. There are still a lot of custom Brics around which have not activated this though. If you’re brave you can do it yourself, it’s just a tickbox. :white_check_mark: :grin:

2 Likes

All my brics support global swatches out of the box :grin:

1 Like

Mine too! :man_technologist:t3::cat2::art: