Save project makes Blocs hang

Hi, since Blocs 3.2 saving a project after some edits makes it hang. Need to force Blocs to stop, upon restarting and repeating the same edits the program saves.

+1 Happened to me too this week a lot…

1 Like

That happen to me twice. I had to “force quit”.

1 Like

@Norm
I have this in Blocs V3.2.4
“Blocs is working, this may take a few moments.” But nothing happens.

I can go to “View, Preview in Browser, Safari”. Then saving stops (giving some very quick messages in that part of the screen, but all I get is a file with the size of 66kb. Also save as won’t work. This is the second time I lost my work. Not happy.

WO is to open the file, edit something, edit it back and save. It is usually only the first time.

@Norm I am working on a new project and it happened several times I can’t save my project. Now working in Beta 3.3.0.Build1, but also happened in the stable version. I can’t reproduce it. It comes and goes.

My workaround: Save the project every 5 minutes or so. In that case I won’t loose much time if I need to start over again.

Are more Blocs users have this problem? If so, please report @Norm.

Are you saving to a local HD or external?

I use a external USB harddrive to store my project. On my iMac I only use external drives SSD and Harddisk, because they are write and read much quicker then the build-in harddrive.

It could be the usb drive. Did you also file a bug report?

I also use this drive for more data and Time Machine (different partition).
I reported it already (#8163). If you need more info, please tell.

Ok, just making sure this is not another issue. I currently only have one save issue of this nature.

Im going to add a few changes to the error handling in the next beta of 3.3 so this may help us track down the cause.

I think its related to the save location and the fact its a USB drive.

Sorry for the delay, I didn’t had internet because of a fiber failure.

I will install the new Beta. If I still have problems, I know how to find you.
For now, thanks for your help.

1 Like

@Norm Still the same problem now and then with Blocs Beta 3.3.0b2. It doesn’t save the project and keeps saying “Blocs is working, this may take a few moments.” But nothing happens.

It doesn’t hang completely. I can go to “View, Preview in Browser, Safari”. Then saving stops (giving some very quick messages in that part of the screen, but all I get is a file with the size of 63kb. Also “save as” won’t work.

It occurs when saving to a external HDD and to a external SSD (my boot/app disk)

Do you get the error with fresh projects?

Do you get the problem with internal drive?

I didn’t tried to save a new project. Because I can’t replicate the problem, It could take a amount of time to get this problem. I didn’t get any error message btw.

My internal iMac hard disk isn’t mounted. I never use this drive (because it’s soooo slow), only for a periodic Carbon Copy Backup.

I also send you the file which could be save by a support ticket.

ok thanks I’ll take a look.

It’s happening to me on 3.3, also working with an external drive.

Consistently?

yes and carried on when I migrated the project to my hard drive.

In my case it’s getting triggered by adding some code into the html bric. If I don’t add it and make a different change it doesn’t hang.

What code are you adding??