SCARY: export default location versus export command

When I export a website, I use the Export menu command. In the Save dialog, I select the parent folder in which resides one folder for each sites. As this folder exists, the message «A folder with that name… would you like to replace it ?». Then the dialog to replace all or just modified files.
Today I found the default export location in Blocs Project Settings. So, accordingly, I selected the parent folder thinking that it will save a folder with same name. Unfortunately, it saved directly the files in the default location. As I hitted Enter in the message asking to replace all (default choice), it DELETED all the content of my parent folder and thus all websites !
Of course I have backups so I could restore all my folders.
But, I think it is not clear and not stated clearly that the Export command will create a folder containing all files and when a default location is specified in settings, the Export command just save files but not in an enclosed folder.
The suggestion would be to clarify the messages for that command or making the Export just to save files, wether a default location is set or not.

2 Likes

I think it is a good idea to make this a bit clearer. I had one moment like this when I’ve almost lost some files. After that, I am very careful, but still, for new users, it might be a bit confusing.

1 Like

Hi @svimic, can’t agree more. I deleted not long ago my whole iCloud folder.

Leave this with me, I’ll make it more clear.

2 Likes

It can be scary so, what I suggest make the separate folder with a time stamp we’re different folder name.