Secondary Nav Bar & Master Blocs

Is it possible to assign a secondary menu to certain pages only?

Is it possible to define a bloc, that is not in the common areas, as a ‘master bloc’ such that making a change to the master bloc would reflect across all pages where the same bloc appears; similar to how classes work for stylisation but in this case it would be changes made to content?

There is only the two global areas at present at the top and bottom that are applied across all pages.

I hope linked blocs will be coming at some stage. But at present we have what we have.

3 Likes

I think the only way to do this is to duplicate the bloc to a new page (however many times).
But yes, I can see a use for a ‘user-defined’ master bloc where you can choose which pages to go on.

1 Like

Yes, linked Blocs would be fantastic!

1 Like

That is right @TrevReav - not only could one apply the ‘user defined’ master bloc to certain pages but any changes made to the master bloc would instantly and automatically reflect across all the pages or wherever the duplicate has been placed.

1 Like

For cases where one is not using the global areas.
If I have many product pages where a mega-menu needs to be accessed from every page then the mega-menu bloc needs to incorporate on every product page. This is not a problem until a change is needed within the mega-menu bloc. So for example, if I have 50 products then the change has to be made 50 times or I would have to delete the old mega-menu bloc and duplicate the updated version 49 times.

In this case you should be using the global area.

1 Like

The issue I am having is that different product categories have their own mega-menus. I think I need a better understanding of how sub-menus or secondary menus work. Any references will be appreciated.

Sounds like you should be using a CMS really.

2 Likes

Never used them to be honest, is there one that is fairly powerful and oriented towards non-coders?

Volt CMS is the one I recommended.

1 Like

Thanks @Eldar, I will definitely look into Volt CMS. Have you done any videos that cover it? Out of interest, does it support PDF documents and videos too?

1 Like

Yes, a lot actually. There are some on Blocs Master YouTube channel, some on my personal one, and of course I have a full dedicated and detailed course.

3 Likes

Which I can fully recommend :smile:

There is loads of info of the brilliant Volt on here and @Eldar has a great course.

I am surprised you haven’t seen it on the forum?

Good luck !

2 Likes