Set Access - Password

Hello,

I would like to create one page with password access.
I mean all my website will be open to every visitor and they can access all pages, but I want one full page with password protection like visitors must enter a password to access this page.
Obviously, I would want to be able to change the password.
Do you know if that is possible by any chance?

Thank you for your help :pray:

@Jannis Volt can do this for you if you want a basic page protection.

If you want something more advanced @vibralogix Sitelok is pretty awesome and which I personally use.

3 Likes

I use this too, awesome product and Fantatsic support

1 Like

Hi there. Bumping this topic to find an easy solution to password protect a page but WITHOUT the need to be member or login. Just a generic password that I could give out to selected user in order to access this page.

I own Volt but in the tutorial they only mention redirect to login.

Any idea ?

Hi @svimic. @Bill launched recently a solution for this called Page Lock.

Thanks @Jerry !
I’ll have a look into it.

Something like this would work?
Kapture 2022-12-08 at 15.33.40

Yes! It looks good enough for this specific need.
What’s hidden in the Code Widget ? :upside_down_face:

The code :grin:

Note. This is a super simple solution as there’s no password scrambling whatsoever. Everyone with basic inspector knowledge is able to find it.

Yes I know. But it’s exactly what I need. It is not to secure the page for people looking what is behind (Inspector, cache, etc.). Just to avoid any normal visitor to see the page content. The page is for Music Manager and Professionals to give them info on the Band. A bit like resources for medias. Nothing really secret but the pro get a pass to access the page.

It may be super simple but I just could not find this code although I used it years ago.

So If you would be kind enough to send it, I would really appreciate :star_struck:.

1 Like

Here you go:

<script>
var password; 
var password001="Myfancypassword"; 
password=prompt('Enter your Personal Password',' '); 
if (password==password001) 
alert('Awesome! Click OK to view the page!'); 
else { window.location="https://gosomewhere.com/"; 
} 
</script>

Just change Myfancypassword and https://gosomewhere.com to whatever you like.

2 Likes

@svimic

I know you are looking for something free & fast, but js solutions like what Jerry has given you DO NOT protect the page & EVERYONE will be able to see the contents of the page while the input prompt is running. For anyone thinking about doing this or the client is pushing for something similar - ask your client point blank: ‘Do you want the world to see your private information?’ If they pause or equivocate in any way, then take that as an opportunity to educate them that a secure solution is always in their best interest - no cutting corners.

I’ll get off my ‘soap box’ now :wink:

Bill
BricsDesign

2 Likes

@Bills bric is perfect for what your after - like I said, no reason why you can’t just use a user and password - keep it really simple or fun like
Letmein
Please!

I got asked several times for single login but for the security side it was not an option, if Bill can adapt his to do both the great but if not - stick with the secure way the bric offers.

Thanks for the script @Jerry
It works like a charm :wink:

I’m not looking for something cheap. I’ve bought almost all custom brics around :wink:
Neither I’m looking for something secure as pointed out before.

Simple is the key. If you send ou a mailing to some professionals and give them a user/password combination, many will not log in to see the page. Just a simple password that they copy/paste, done!

Same with subscribing a newsletter. You ask just for an email and click OK.

But I appreciate your concern about security and supporting custom brics developers.

1 Like

I have just tried your script and it works perfectly.
Thank you for sharing.
Bertrand.

@bertrand64 , that code may lock the page if you want something very basic like to stop kids accessing videos of a violent video game like call of duty without a code, but remember what @Bill has said above that if the web page needs to stop private information from being accessed then this isn’t the thing you need - but if not, then its perfect.

I might be wrong, but I know making pages highly secure needs something else.