Slow Loading Video Pages

What could be slowing this page from loading? As you scroll each row shows up, but too slow.
It has 20 rows. Each row has 2 columns
Left column video link (no auto play) Right side Text and link with frame and shadow.

Row-Col1-Vid-2Text_2021-07-15

We can only make assumptions on no details here.

If you are embedding videos from YouTube, consider that every embed is making a few calls to YouTube. Times that by 20 and you have lag. With that many videos it’s better to take a different approach (code).

Then you have server speeds, Internet connection speeds / poor wifi. Poor cheap hosting. Etc.

@PeteSharp, that makes sense. What are some options to make it load efficiently?

As far a speed from the server, we use the standard plan from KnownHost VPS (Managed VPS Hosting | Affordable Plans | KnownHost) with LiteSpeed.

Have you tried to first load a thumbnail of youtube, then load the player only when the user click on the video?
It’s a common trick but i have no experience with that.
Adding a memcache to your config is an effectiive solution.

A placeholder that loads the video on demand is IMO the best way. You have to code that though.

I have a custom bric in the works that handles this. But it was on hold while I had some other projects come up.

1 Like

@PeteSharp, I would like to check out your custom Bric. I would be willing to purchase that Bric, How close are you to finalizing it?

Probably about 80% done.

1 Like

Hi Pete :grinning:
How is your new Bric coming along?

I spent 10mins on it yesterday :rofl:

2 Likes

Just 5 more minutes and its done ! …i hope…lol

then you can try a new slider and carousel bric ! :rofl:

2 Likes

You’re one busy man!
I think you understand how needful this Bric can be. Just curious will it incorporate a way to add SEO info?

It has alternate text for the poster. Are you talking structured data?

1 Like

Title, Description and ALT tag

What exactly do you have in your mind how that data is used?

I think that would be more than enough for the bric to handle, the json code could be easily dropped into the header manually.

Structured data can be embedded in the body as I understand it.

Im really just asking if KB knows what I mean by structured data.

1 Like

Very true, it certainly does get picked up in the body. I was trying to reduce your workload a little :sunglasses:

1 Like

I can add it to the header fine, but if I add it, I’ll likely just append it to the video poster element. Fortunately unlike OG, structured data can be generated with JavaScript and still be recognised.

1 Like

@KBConcepts isn’t that just for YouTube. That’s not for your website.