Slow Loading page

What could be slowing this page from loading? As you scroll each row shows up, but too slow.
It has 20 rows. Each row has 2 columns
Left column video link (no auto play) Right side Text and link with frame and shadow.

Row-Col1-Vid-2Text_2021-07-15

We can only make assumptions on no details here.

If you are embedding videos from YouTube, consider that every embed is making a few calls to YouTube. Times that by 20 and you have lag. With that many videos it’s better to take a different approach (code).

Then you have server speeds, Internet connection speeds / poor wifi. Poor cheap hosting. Etc.

@Malachiman, that makes sense. What are some options to make it load efficiently?

As far a speed from the server, we use the standard plan from KnownHost VPS (Managed VPS Hosting | Affordable Plans | KnownHost) with LiteSpeed.

Have you tried to first load a thumbnail of youtube, then load the player only when the user click on the video?
It’s a common trick but i have no experience with that.
Adding a memcache to your config is an effectiive solution.

A placeholder that loads the video on demand is IMO the best way. You have to code that though.

I have a custom bric in the works that handles this. But it was on hold while I had some other projects come up.

1 Like

@Malachiman, I would like to check out your custom Bric. I would be willing to purchase that Bric, How close are you to finalizing it?

Probably about 80% done.

1 Like