Solis trial version shows nothing I can compare

I used Solis when it was first released and found it only marginally useful, it was so flaky and inaccurate.

I’ve just downloaded the Trial version to see if it has improved over the years.

But in the Trial version the most recent iPhone available without paying is the 7 - but as I don’t keep wildly outdated devices I cannot check Solis’s rendering accuracy.

What I can see (per the screenshot) is a missing button, an incorrectly rendered button (it should be red) and text showing between the two photos which should not even be there.

The website works correctly on my iPone 12 Pro by the way - it is only wrong on Solis.

I’d be interested to know others’ opinions on whether Solis is a waste of £30.73, which is what I suspect.

(I’ve no idea why my 1.2MB PNG keeps disappearing!)

Last I saw, I do not think Solis was compatible with Blocs 5. It’s also no longer on the Blocs store, but appears to still be available on its own site.

I tend to use the local network preview that’s built into blocs and test on my phone and iPad. Its an excellent feature.

Thanks for that @PeteSharp

Good advice as always!

I thought Solis was a Blocs product :roll_eyes:

Hadn’t heard of local preview, but not much use to me as I don’t have an iPad, just a 12 Pro and a couple of Macs.

So a decent Solis would have been the answer to this maiden’s prayer!

1 Like

iPhone is perfect for local preview.

When you enter preview you will see a round grey button on the top left of Blocs. Clicking that will copy the local url to your clipboard. If you have handoff setup with your devices you can paste straight into safari on your iPhone. Boom. Mobile view.

Solis was made by Norm who makes Blocs. But it’s not exclusively a blocs product. It can be used with a ton of things. I think Norm has mentioned it will get some love at some stage, but I more sure getting Blocs iPad out the door is probably a priority. I don’t know, just guessing.

Thanks again - I wondered what that icon was for :flushed::+1:

1 Like

This seems not to work anymore with Blocs 5.0.8, 5.1.0-b3
Other Apps do work.
Ventura 13.3, IOS 15.7 iPhone SE.

Working fine for me. Just tested, Fully updated with the latest OSs on Mac, iPhone and iPad.

Screenshot 2023-04-05 at 10.49.31 PM

I tried a few things even restart. No luck.
I checked security settings etc. but all are correct.

I go to preview mode click the grey symbol, try to insert in Safari on iPhone nothing happens.
But sometimes when I change from preview mode to edit mode and back again to preview the symbol vanishes.

Once you click it you should get

If not, something isn’t right.

Unless it’s a port conflict or something. Although I think @Norm improved that aspect recently ?

I get it so something isn’t right.
How could the symbol vanish?

Sounds obvious, but worth asking, you have Continuity enabled?

Yes enabled.
As I said before, when I copy some text in MacOS I can paste it in Safari or elsewhere on iPhone and the other way round.

There seem to be an issue with my older projects.
All the described issues above don’t occur with a new project.