Sticky footer is not working, please help

Give me a tick box :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Negative tickboxes would be HUGE! :laughing:

1 Like

Hi @Boss81,
Not sure if you already found an answer to your question, but I thought I’d send a quick sample file I put together with what I believe you’re looking to do.

In this example:
Though using a negative index ensures the element (in this case - the footer block) will always be behind all other existing or future blocks, in this file I gave the footer an z-index of 1, and all other blocks 20.

Tip: when elements in the same container share the same index number, the system will by default treat them in a staggered order with the top most element being in front. This treatment also applies to blocks. This is where z-index ordering gets confusing and thus you might see a low z-index numbered element in front of another element that has a higher z-index number. I’m no expert, but this is my understanding of it.

I gave all blocks a solid (white) background and created a class for the last block on each page (the block before the footer) that ensures a margin (based on breakpoints) that will clear the space for the links in the footer to operate. There’s a little more to it regarding adjusting sizes, and margins (no need to add additional css. This can be handled through the class editor via a new class) based on breakpoints but this is just to give you a gist of how you might want to approach this. This might not be the only way, or maybe not even the best way, but it works in this sample and in all the breakpoints used in Blocs.

So… play with it, kick it around and see what you can do with it. Hope this helps.

-M

ScrollRevealFooter_example.bloc (543.3 KB)

3 Likes

Hi @MiguelR

Hi Miguel!

Perfect, that’s exactly what I meant. :grinning:
Perfect, thanks for the information and help.
I’ll see if I can do it in my project a little later, as soon as I get home.
Thanks in the meantime.

1 Like

Hi @MiguelR

In the meantime, I managed to look at the solution you suggested on the site I’m building, and it works perfectly, and now I’m starting to understand the essence and sizing of this breakpoint.
Once again, thank you very much for your help. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like