Sticky Footer - SOLVED - BLOCS3 - 12_2018

Thanks Claude @webplus

Too tired to realize it was missing. Just edited the code with our litttle z guy.

MDS

1 Like

Hello @MDS & @webplus I have done what you said and didnā€™t work.
Please check it, I create a website just for tests.
Blocs

Can you check please?

In Blocs Preview - OK
In Safari MAC - OK
In iPhone - NOK
In Android - NOK
In iPad - NOK

Set the Z-index to 999.

Have you made the necessary changes in padding for the 3 other view breakpoints ?

Bed time here - so I can reply tomorrow.

If you want you can PM me your .bloc file and I can see if there is any issue (it can be just one page)

MDS

@MDS Done it, no success tooā€¦ I send you the .bloc file MP.

Hi Pedro @Pealco

Just to let you know I am working on it.

MDS

@MDS Thank you very much.

Hi Just to keep you informed I have been working on this all morning and it appears to be more tricky than what I initially thought. Might not have the correct solution today but will strive to get it working.

Will keep you informed in due time.

MDS

Sorry for the trouble.
Iā€™m happy al least is not my faultā€¦ LOL

Thanks in advance.

No itā€™s really weird - just it might take some time to figure out whatā€™s going on. :wink:

MDS

Hello @Norm do you have any ideas to help @MDS, and me of course?
Thanks in advance

I think that maybe version 3.0.6 has something to do with it. Because I cannot get it back to view as originally with initial settings.

@MDS didnā€™t understand. You mean that with this new version 3.0.6 now it works with the original code in the top of the topic?

No just the opposite

oh, I donā€™t think so, because only just now I upgrade Blocs to this version, and is doing that in the previous version yesterday.

Well I updated yesterday.

Okay so I re-built it base upon the information provided initially in the original topic.

This .bloc file below is the example that works for me.

Sticky footer.bloc (207.4 KB)

MDS

1 Like

It seems to work well. I didnā€™t use your bloc but I used the code. Uploaded a test and it worked on my desktop, tablet and phone. I had the same thought about it as your bloc. Makes a nice sticky footer for contact and social icons. I was thinking about using them aligned right outside of the regular content area with a transparent bloc background.

Thanks again for doing this.
Casey

The bloc was just an example. Sure you can do much better. Indeed, the tranparent background is a nice idea, may use it that way too. :wink:

MDS

A great contribution @MDS the option is really interesting, just missing as well comment, find a correct use and a consistent design, I think that abuse of this functionality without taking into account these aspects, damaging the user experience.

The truth is that it greatly enriches that we have a community like this, it truly becomes an added value for the program.

Itā€™s a pleasure to be part of it. Letā€™s keep surfing! :surfing_man:

Thanks. Not sure I fully understand your comment though. :wink:

MDS

1 Like