Still having Pulse CMS problems in Blocs

I am in the process of converting a Blocs site I’m to Pulse CMS but I am having a few issues and Wondered if anyone could point out what I’m doing wrong I have had similar issues before but have still yet to resolve them:

1. When I enter the URL Alternative Photography Experiments to get to the Pulse admin it takes me back to the home page using this URL: http://altography.co.uk/admin/?page=admin
  2. If I type in the full path Alternative Photography Experiments the Pulse admin opens after logging in. However if I then edit a Pulse block and click on the Blocks or any other link in the Pulse menu it returns to the websites home page.
  3. Another issue I’m having is if I click on any link in the websites menu it always goes to the home page.

All menu page links were working fine until I started using Pulse. I’m not sure whether the problem lies with Blocs or Pulse.
Its probably worth mentioning that I did a fresh pulse install into the root.
Any help would be appreciated.
Richard

I haven’t used PulseCMS in Blocs yet but in RW I always put the install folder into a sub directory called something like /pulse so that all the Pulse suff is separate and doesn’t overwrite anything in the root. You need to edit the config.php to point to this /pulse folder. Also there is a diag.php in the admin folder that you can run to see if it’s all in the correct place. Problems like this are nearly always because there is a path issue.

@pixelarte do you have the correct htaccess settings? That caught me out the first time I set up Pulse.

Michael from @pulsecms may also be able to help.

This is what is in the .htaccess file:

SetEnv DEFAULT_PHP_VERSION 7

RewriteEngine On

RewriteBase /

RewriteRule ^([a-zA-Z0-9]+)$ index.php?page=$1
RewriteRule ^([a-zA-Z0-9]+)/$ index.php?page=$1

RewriteRule ^blog-page-([^-])$ ?page=$1&p=blog [L]
RewriteRule ^blog-([^-]
)+? ?d=$1&p=blog [L]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php?p=$1 [L]

Adds SVG image support

AddType image/svg+xml svg svgz
AddEncoding gzip svgz

Have just sorted it. Thanks for all who commented.

2 Likes

Out of interest what was the issue?

I think it may have been down to all the previous Blocs files being present.