Tab anything?

Tab Anything works by giving the tabbed items the id: tab1-1, tab1-2, tab1-3 (assuming I have one selector with 3 options).

If I want to show/hide multiple items, like a headline, a paragraph, an image, how to do that?

Since I can’t name multiple items with the same ID, how can I have multiple items tabbed with one selector?

I’m not sure I fully understand. It’s a tab generator. You want tan 1 to be just a headline. Tab 2 to be a paragraph, tab 3 to be another element?

That’s entirely possible but Something tells me that not what you are asking for.

If I’m right (and only if) you are looking to reveal one at a time. That’s something you do with Blocs core animation features.

Hope this helps! :slightly_smiling_face:

Nope. I want to reveal multiple items by clicking ONE TAB. i.e. have several different brics on the page that all “change” when the tab is clicked. For example: A “select language” tab, that switches all the texts on the page.

That would, technically, require me to set the id of all switching brics to tab1-1 (for english text brics) and tab1-2 (for german text brics). But I can’t give several brics the same name.

Get it now?

okay I get it now,

All those things could be in a div of course, but I’m pretty sure you meant spread out on the page.

It’s not designed to do this, so I’ll take it as a feature request. There’s a legit reason behind why Tab Anything works with ID’s though. Blocs will warn when you duplicate them. and it’s super helpful. I myself would be lost without that sometimes honestly :smile:.

I’ll give it more thought, because we definitely can’t lose that.

1 Like

How about it worked when the name BEGINS WITH “tabx-y”, followed by anything else which gets ignored by tab anything. That way it would work. And I could finally do what I bought the extension for - making my websites multi-lingual in a better way than duplicating all the pages, which is annoying.

The problem with this is Blocs doesn’t do regex in CSS the selector [data-name^=“value”] so I’d loose the icon system that makes it easier to build larger setups. In fact because of this, I had to hardcode the classes for that feature. It goes up to 50 right now, it anyone exceeds that I’ll expand it.

Those styles don’t get exported by the way, they are only for use in the Blocs canvas.

Sorry, I don’t understand the technical underlyings. I just know I need to assign more than one bloc/bric to each tab, to achieve the switching I need, and I need a solution how to do that.

No solution for that?