Text Data Source

@Norm

Re the project which crashes on saving, the same issue with Blocs-2.4.2-beta-b2.app - even on a different computer…

could you try creating a new project and just adding a few blocs and then saving it, does it save ok?

Using which version of Blocs?

Try doing it with both.

All working perfectly with new projects, even opening a new Beta project on 2.4.1, and vice versa.

But… on my MacBook I’ve just downloaded the Beta and opened a copy of the crashing project I sent you… on opening I got an extra bloc at the top which would not delete, and when I tried adding a block elsewhere and saving, it crashed again.

So its fair to say its project related at this point. Thats good news in a way.

I’ll run some tests on the file and see whats causing the crash, its just hard to replicate at my end, but I’ll keep on trying.

That bloc that won’t delete from the cross, try using the edit -> delete bloc from the top menus. might not work, but easily tested.

Just opened the project again to test what you suggested… and it’s not even there!

There’s a ghost in the machine :scream:

What is not there?

The extra bloc which wouldn’t delete above the menu. Hasn’t appeared again, a one-off it seems.

@Norm

I’ve just done another test and an older version of the project which crashes when saving does the same with 2.4.1, as well as the Beta, so I’m guessing it’s the app rather than the project which has the issues.

Just as a reminder, I’m using iCloud to share projects between devices. I think that was a problem previously.

1 Like

Correct kinda, it’s OS based.

When Blocs take a screen grab for the thumbnails in navigator it snapshots the entire page (this happens during save), for some reason in High Sierra the max height for a CGImageRep is 8k pixels (this may be a beta limitation).

Anyway I made a few changes so Blocs no longer falls over when you save with longer pages. It may be something that isn’t required in the public release, I’ll keep an eye on it.

Anyway, it’s all fixed and ready for 2.4.2 beta build 3.

Thanks Norm. I had a feeing it was a CGImageRep issue. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Norm, do you have a date for build 3 as I can’t do anything till then? Ta.

yes Im hoping to have build 3 complete by tomorrow.

Looking forward to getting the beta 3 asap :frowning:

Are you getting the crashes too?

Yes, I am almost sure for the same reason.

Yeah it will be.