There is a problem with the custom settings on the Blocs4 form

Setting a custom form in Blocs 4 will change the design and behavior.
It’s also a problem that the appearance changes, but the biggest problem is that the required items do not work.

Maybe it’s a multilingual problem, I always use it in a Japanese environment.
But, I have confirmed that there is no problem with Blocs3.

I will attach an image.

• Create a form-only page.
  • The only difference between right and left is the form type setting.
  • If you set the type custom in Blocs4, it will be in the state on the right.

Confirmed environment:

• MacOSX 10.15.7(19H2) Catalina / Japanese
  • Blocs 3.4.7 > No problem
  • Blocs 4.0.0 / 4.0.1 > There is a problem

I would recommend you file a bug report here. The reason is because I have found a couple Japanese related bugs too. For example, when you type Japanese and hit spacebar, the text converts but the result is the world gets selected. That is incorrect behavior which I have reported as a bug. Another problem I found is that I cannot see Japanese text in the Code Editor, which I have reported as a bug.

–James

Thank you, @JDW.
No, this is not a problem in the Japanese environment.
Now I reconfirmed.
I created an English user on my Mac and tried using the Blocs4 trial feature, but the result is the same.
This also happens in an English environment.

1 Like

Yes, I work in the English UI (MacOS Language setting) and I too have the same problems with Japanese text entry in Blocs 4. Blocs 3 is fine. I am waiting to hear back from @Norm on my bug report.

I tried with Blocs 4.0.2, the display changed a bit, but the problem was not resolved.

This is fixed up in the 4.0.3 beta coming today

3 Likes

How do I use this beta version?
I am very much looking forward.

I’m Apple’s old development programmer, so I can help with beta testing. :zipper_mouth_face:

You can download it here.

Thank you @Norm , I tried Blocs4.0.3b1.

Problems such as check boxes have been improved.
However, I feel uncomfortable with the way errors and validations are displayed.

When Type is “Custom”, validation works before Blocs processing and an error balloon is displayed.
Therefore, the error set in Blocs cannot be displayed.
Why are you changing the process with the Type setting?