This is a weird one

Firstly I’m new to Blocs, and the pages below are my first effort with the software.

I used the Feature Three Column Article bloc. I modified it by removing the paragraph text and heading and adding the buttons. It all looks great on the Blocs page but displays as you can see on the link below. The images are of a similar size, and I have shuffled them around in case it was the imported images that are the problem.

Initially, I thought it might be a browser problem, but I have tested on three different browsers. I cleared out the caches several times and rebooted my machine, but the problem always returns. I even deleted my first effort and started again.

Any ideas?

https://www.frightfest.co.uk/Competitions/index.html

Hiya
Using the inspector panel in Safari shows you have the 1st image set to a different size…

alt=“Watcher” width=“67” height=“23”
alt=“Bros1” width=“364” height=“518”
alt=“EightForSilver” width=“364” height=“518”

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. I do not see that. On my page, all the images and frame sizes are the same. I’m obviously missing something.

I have just re-read my recent reply, and I don’t think I made myself clear.

What I’m saying is that all the images and the frame sizes are all identical on the Blocs page, it’s in browsers that they display different. I was one of the boxes fraction of the size of the other two.

Try the latest beta of Blocs 5. There is an option in project settings > images that lets you disable the automatic image width and height tag generation.

This is set by blocs on export to help with lighthouse page scores. But it can occasionally be problematic.

1 Like

Made no difference. Tried it both ways. Selected and not selected. I need to get this fixed. A workaround?

An update on this - I have rebuilt the page this time using the structure three-column bric. Initially, all was well, however, when I went back into one of the internal pages to fix an issue with a form, once done and the code reloaded, the problem returned.

Re-reading my last post, a thought occurred, and as a result, I have my workaround.

I reordered the images on the problem page and reloaded just that page, and it displayed as it should. I then reloaded the complete site, and the problem returned. I then reloaded just the problem page as before, which displayed properly again.

I made a few more tweaks to a couple of internal pages and reloaded just them, and the problem page continued to display as it should.

So the issue seems to occur when files are being overwritten.

Are you using the publishing options within Blocs?

No. I output the files to a hard drive, as I work from various places, and then use Cyberduck to load them to the host. Before I tried Blocs, I used Freeway, Muse and Nicepage and I have used this method without any issues.