Time wasting clients

answering questions is part of our job. but also here: your instinct should tell you, is it worth it. most of the time we are right with our suspicions :slight_smile:

Not really a ā€œblow backā€ as I can appreciate the point youā€™re making. However, I donā€™t see any harm in having such a discussion under the ā€œGeneral Discussionā€ category of this forum. After all, it does relate to peopleā€™s experiences in the business side of web design. Unfortunately, not all web design people have the wealth of business experience that you have acquired, so I see no harm in having those with relevant experience in imparting a little of their knowledge to those who may not. If it irks you too much, probably better to not visit the General Discussion area at all - who knows what may pop up here? :thinking:

1 Like

I donā€™t see any reason to argue either. Iā€™ve been freelancing for 25 years, but Iā€™m relatively new to web design, so Iā€™m finding ways of dealing with clients in a different area to what I am used to.

Itā€™s not only a different trade, but also a move from a major city, dealing with huge companies to a rural environment with mostly one man businesses in a different country. Itā€™s naive to think you can switch to something completely new and know how to handle every client situation/type successfully from day one.

1 Like

So now you tell them how much those changes will cost before you do them. You are now in control. Once changes incur a charge their frequency will drop rapidly.

All forms of business can be abused. Itā€™s not confined to fixed-price work. Donā€™t let one awkward client be the reason for changing the way you do business - just add a monetary cost to the situation and this client will fall into line.

Well, you and the rest of us. Sometimes the clients have good ideas despite what we sayā€¦

1 Like

as much you find this forum the wrong place to talk about webdesign-business-related topics you bring up your own history with stories / trigger words like holocaust / vietnam war. come on, man. donā€™t be a hypocrite.

flashman asked a question, the forum answers. we got our perspective on it. why not stick to the rule of communities ā€œif you donā€™t have anything nice to say, donā€™t say anything at allā€. we donā€™t need battles on two fronts in this forum. peace out.

1 Like