Todays temptation: Big Sur

Seems everybody wants the new os so badly they’ve effectively (partially) DDOS’ed the Apple Update Servers :rofl:

3 Likes

Glad I held back. :wink:

Thanks @MDS for beta testing the install process for us :nerd_face:

1 Like

No problem. Just to note I was never actually able to download it completely :laughing:

Will try again to download tomorrow if available and when it’s night in the US. :first_quarter_moon_with_face:

Then I will perhaps be able to beta test the actual installation :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Now it is midnight so bedtime for me. G’day

1 Like

Night! time for lunch for me :wink:

Bon appétit !

1 Like

Servers must be a little better now, download time is showing as 15min for me.

Downloaded this AM in 20 minutes. However, the installation process on my 2017 iMac took about 1,5 hours. grateful I did it and it feels like a relief to be Catalina free. :grinning:

2 Likes

I’m installing at present. It says 28min but that’s never correct. This is on a 2019 16” MacBook Pro.

Same problem here on my new MacBook Pro 16". It’s not even 2 weeks old @MDS

Great. So in the end you are beta testing the install process for me. :wink:

Just started the download again

1 Like

:rofl: looks like it. I’m on the home stretch. It’s saying 6min left and it’s been running 39 mins

The install is taking longer than I expected. But then I guess it was a 12Gb download.

@MDS. only a few minutes in, and it is noticeably faster than Catalina.

On an unrelated note. Just discovered today that HyperFibre is being rolled out in NZ, and I can get 2g/2g fibre connection, some are getting up to 4gig.

Hope it will be the same here.

Downloaded and now just started the install: says 17 minutes remaining which with Apple basically means 30 mins at least. Will see…

I was getting installation errors most of last evening. But just after 1.00 am this morning, the update started and was completed in just over an an hour - 20 minutes to download and a little over 45 minutes to install. According to Apple, the installation failure was caused by a combination of server load and some glitches on the system. All seems to be fixed now.

1 Like

None of the Pages, Numbers and Keynote apps are showing as needing updating. I still have the old icons. The App Store shows the new version, and the open button, so It wont update them yet ?

Yep already 33 mins passed and says 20 minutes remaining…

1 Like

I have never had issues downloading or installing apple systems when they are released. This indeed is a huge temptation :laughing:

Finally made it LOL

2 Likes

I am running a 2015 MacBook pro 15", i think this could be a download for a more modern MacBook I think. Not sure if mine will perform on it as good.

I will check out some reviews first and give it a few months!

Smooth as always. Didn’t work yesterday, guess too many people were downloading it, but it works now. And it sure is faster than Catalina. Wow. MBP 16" here.

1 Like