Tooltip for specific words in paragraph bric

Hi,

Is there any way to associate a tooltip to specific words or phrases in a paragraph bric - specifically, so that the full meaning of an abbreviation is shown when the mouse hovers over the text?

If I was carving the html by hand, I’d use the tag, but can’t see an obvious solution.

Many thanks,

Hugh

This is quite easy to do. Select the Word or Phrase and click on the wrap in span icon. With the span selected, add a tooltip in the tooltips section of the settings panel. See illustration screenshot below:

Fantastic - thank you @hendon52.

New to Blocs, have tried this over and over again and cannot get tooltips to work on a single line of text or an individual word.

I have triple checked the directions/screenshots and am following along correctly. Please help. :slight_smile:

It does work - just make sure you wrap the text in a span first. With the span selected, add the tooltip as shown below.

This is what it looks like when you hover over the text in a browser:

I did do that but I believe I see the issue I was having - I was expecting the tooltip to instantly appear or maybe quickly fade in.

Instead, it appears after about 2 seconds. …long enough for me to think it wasn’t working and move the cursor back to Blocs to see what was wrong. Now I know it’s working.

Thanks for your reply! :slight_smile:

I also have a problem, it doesn’t show correctly in browser. I choose tooltip to appear above/top of the word, but it shows below, like on the screenshot above, in addition to this- it appears slowly, look like it is not a real tooltip (but just “title”, like we see on images with mouse over). Title and tooltip are different things. Any other ideas? really need your help :neutral_face:

Actually it works OK on the whole paragraph, the tooltip appears as I wanted above. But on specific word tooltip does not work, but instead of this there is a title, below the word and looks differentely.