Translucent Modal

Has anyone seen this problem? I’m using a modal containing an image in the body. It works just fine on computer and iPad, but on some Android mobiles the modal pops up OK, but is translucent. This means the underlying webpage is visible through the modal - its almost like it’s had transparency set at about 50%. Any ideas???

does the problem occur in any android version? or only certain versions?

The problem is definitely on version 4.4.2. or below. I’ve tried with later versions and all seems to work well. The problem is that some users who have reported this problem cannot upgrade to a later version of Android due to restrictions on their particular model of phone. Not sure how many phones use these earlier Android versions, but I’m sure there must be many in use out there.

unfortunately, there are still a lot that use android 4.4.2 and lower.

this is not a solution but maybe something to think about? is there no way for software to know what kind of operating system is running, and if an incompatible operating system is detected, that a note appear, to upgrade, or inform the user, that the website only supports android 4.4.2 and above.

Thanks for the suggestion. It is one option, but I’m not sure if the problem warrants a solution. It does seem like it’s certain device manufacturers that prohibit upgrades to the Android OS - I guess it’s a way to force people into buying new phones. I’ve noticed a lot of apps - particularly online banking apps, need a higher level version of the OS to work these days, so it seems its all part of a bigger marketing ploy.