Updated my Site

@Hypnoman I am in argentina, and here I load my site in less than 2 seconds (so in other country I assume to be faster). Don´t know why, it´s not my first blocs site and all the images are optimized, I am using svg files in most cases, and so. Maybe a blocs exporting bug? The whole site it´s 2mb, its strange to load a 2 mb site in 20 seconds.

@Norm could you give a look. thanks

Have you tried… deleting your site, then exporting without the pre-loader to let us test how that goes?

@Hypnoman
with no preloader: https://chicuelo.com.ar/wo-preloader/ (works fine, but double animation as blocs does always)
my loading time at first:

with no minify or lazy loading export: https://www.chicuelo.com.ar/wo-minify (here I get double animation, scroll issues and a padding on bottom)

my loading time at first:

On iPhone, both about 25 seconds first load

One thing you might want to consider is the size of the images in the Carousel. They all appear to be 900x600 like this one: https://www.chicuelo.com.ar/img/timetwist4.jpg

You could re-size to the dimensions of the carousel viewer using something like https://squoosh.app/ set at 75% or less.

@Hypnoman yes I know, its a design desition, but the image is only 35 kb. Also in 1080p resolutions it will be upscaled so I cant make it smaller. The modal is 80% of the screen and the carousel takes 8 columns.

On the videos I upload you see that both tests loads in less than 2 seconds in a fresh load.
I am really confused

@TrevReav The whole site is 2.8 mb. I can´t understand how this is loaded in 25 seconds.

Take a look at the GTMETRIX report for your site - 27 seconds. Plus look at the Waterfall tab. You are getting 502 - Bad gateway errors on your images. Are you on decent hosting:

https://gtmetrix.com/reports/www.chicuelo.com.ar/Od94fUG8

One way to test this would be to upload to another host. I can create an ftp account for you if that helps to determine if it’s a host thing or a Blocs or other related issue. Can you try another browser - one with a cleared history/cache.

I think the hosting provider is quite good, and I don´t understand how a small site is so slow in some cases. I tried on several devices and no with only one browser, also with 3g, 4g and wifi from different providers. You can see in both videos I posted that I load a fresh directory and it runs very quick.

I will try to delete all the modals, which I think it makes the difference. If that is loading slow I will quit.

Hey @chicuelo I recommend you don’t change anything in Blocs. It appears to be your hosting…

I hope you don’t mind, but as a test, I copied your site to my test directory: Chicuelo - Arcades contemporaneos - it’s a clone of your site

If the community can try that site I’m sure they will find it loads much faster - like a normal blocs site. I have a screen shot of speed of your site compared to mine. For some reason your host has improved from 20+ seconds to 11 seconds now:

1 Like

@Hypnoman it took just over a second on your server. More like ten times that with the original server.

3 Likes

Yeah definitely your server @chicuelo

2 Likes

Creo que el website esta bien diseñado, y según unas pruebas las imagenes están bien de tamaño, así que creo que la razón de la demora (a mi me tardo 22seg) en la carga radica en el proveedor de hosting.

Hay un detalle en la parte superior donde los iconos del lado derecho se salían del fondo, la cargue dos veces y pasaba lo mismo, del resto todo bien.

Te recomiendo Hostgator que es muy bueno o GoDaddy, se que son un poco costosos ambos pero valen la pena. Hostgator a fines de año pone una oferta donde pagas 1 año o algo así y te dan 3…

1 Like

Thank you so much guys!! your help worth a lot!
I will talk with my provider now.

@DinaxCharles Muchas gracias! en qué resolución y navegador estás viendo la web? yo lo probe en unas cuantas y en todas se ve bien.
En cuanto al Hosting, tengo uno que acá en argentina es muy bueno. Pero al parecer cuando se accede desde afuera es lento.
Voy a consultar con alguno internacional.
Gracias!

Mi pantalla es de una iMac 27 ( 2560 x 1440 ) claro no utilizo toda esa resolución, pero si así fuese no debería de importar, al achicar un poco la ventana del navegador si aparecen los iconos dentro de la imagen, pero creo que deberías de configurarla para que llegue a ambos de la ventana del navegador (full width), para que a cualquier resolución los iconos no se salgan de la imagen.

En cuanto al hosting suele suceder mucho eso, con empresas locales, se manejan bien localmente pero desde afuera son muy lentos, a nosotros nos sucedió con clientes de Mexico. :+1:t2:

Por cierto muy interesantes los productos que ofreces…

1 Like

Tengo que ver como resolverlo por que estoy utilizando el fondo en desktop con ancho 100% mediante estilos, y al tener una resolución tan grande con ese setting en algunos dispositivos se ve cortado a lo alto, pero si pongo fill screen se ve bien en todos los dispositivos excepto en resoluciones grandes (por que no hace un fill de mas de 1920px) voy a ver de que manera hacer un fix para que se vea bien siempre.
Gracias!

Beautiful site Chicuelo! I love the animated images and blocs. I’m here in the U.S. and it loads just fine for me (no lag or slow loading at all). Great idea on the concept as well. My family is also from Argentina (somos todos Porteños). Muy bien hecho.

1 Like

Muchas gracias! Un abrazo grande desde acá!

Sweet! good work - very stylish!

1 Like