Upgrading Blocs 5 to Plus

Just two cents on upgrading. All offers in emails, on the website is towards upgrading Blocs 4 to 5 or new customer offers. The price and possibility of upgrade from standard v5 version to Plus version in only in app. Also it puts VAT incorrectly… So if you consider and wondering about with or without Plus - do it when upgrading from previous v4 version. It’s better offer (as upgrade to Plus on v5 is $49.99).

Really? I doubt so.

It’s on the spot for me (VAT0%) :grin:

I’ll throw in 2 cents here, I didn’t realise there is an upgrade process, so I had bought the Black Friday full fat version. (I should have come to the forum first!)

Anyway, Paddle answered my query in their web-chat and issued the refund in under a minute.

Outstanding!

ir should be VAT0% as before, but it’s like I have to insert business name, VAT ID into the form and maybe they will be correct it (I think it was that way with Blocs 4)

Jannis, as the upgrade from Blocs 5 to Plus was only “in app” I had less options to fill - the Paddle form that allows me to upgrade didnot asked about VAT ID, so it puts VAT even it should be 0% - when I was paying from website to upgrade from Blocs4 to Blocks5, I could enter it as “business” and it was correct with VAT 0%. But the same case was with upgrading Blocs4 to Plus in the past, they did correction after day or two.

Anyway - from perspective of someone that did upgrade to Blocs 5 without Plus, it’s more complicated and less clear with upgrading.

The only thing I am disappointed in is how you can only use it on one device and not 2 devices like all the other bloc purchases. I work from home and a lot abroad, so I have it installed on my desktop but I am leaving in 3 days and need it on my laptop to go. I wish we had 2 devices like normal.

It’s the country where you reside that sets the VAT. It’s not Blocs or Paddle who decide this. In my current country, the VAT is 0% :grin:, in The Netherlands I would have paid 21% :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:.

Paddle can fix this afterwards for you.

Not 15% in :mauritius:?

Not on software bought internationally. :grin:

1 Like

I have a small company in The Netherlands and regularly buy gear in Germany. I don’t have pay VAT as I have a dutch VAT number. Does this also count for buying software like Blocs 5+?

Try to enter your VAT number here https://blocsapp.com/pricing/ (second screen after you entered your email and Zip code) - small link to open the VAT nr.

It should deduct taxes then. If not, you have to ask Paddle why it’s not working.

2 Likes

They already did, but you missed the point: when I have bought upgrade from Blocs 4 to Blocs 5 thru website, it went without need of correction, it was VAT 0%. When I did Blocs 5 to Plus upgrade thru app - it was with VAT 23%. Both are handled by Paddle, right?

Again, this isn’t a Blocs issue. Paddle is the reseller, they handle everything related to the purchase and VAT.

Contact them, they are able to give you a VAT deduction afterwards. Which you would get nevertheless at year end when you to your accounting :eyes:

1 Like

not everybody can have refund…
this is clearly weird…
i have to always pay 20% when I buy a product (when others products are at 10%)
also when you buy something from JAPAN by a legal company (0% tax), you cannot have it…
i guess japan is well known to have a financial blocus as it is a terrible dictatorial country :stuck_out_tongue:

See following list for a overview of taxation in different countries:

last one,
but the point in my post is that I canot have at all the 0% tax :slight_smile:
as some others digital products bought from Uk country I can

I suggest you clarify this with Paddle. I cannot help you with this. Thanks

1 Like