Video poster image

Hello, if I put a video on the site (local) and I set the poster image so it is not visible on the computer and it can be seen normally on the mobile phone. I have no idea why this is so?

I’ve had a few issues with poster images also. Even if one is set, it doesn’t appear when viewed on the web. I also noticed that in some browsers a thin blue box surrounds the video (self hosted) - its almost like a border has been applied to the container in which the video sits. I did report this issue to the team a while back, but never got a response.

Same thing here.

I have found that poster images are working on FireFox or Chrome, but not with Safari and I reported this a while back. This is actually something I am dealing with today and I’ll have to edit the video to include to the poster image as an integral part.

Interestingly, Safari on the iPhone shows the poster correctly. How do you think to integrate into the video?

I’ll simply open the video in iMovie and add a still frame with a transition at the start, then export. If there is sound you’ll probably want to detach that and adjust as required before combining them again. By adding that poster as the first frame of the video you’ll avoid this problem and also save some page weight in theory.

It was a few months ago that I first discovered this problem, so I am assuming it is still the same.

Hello all I fix that in one costumer adding the following atribute for the video:

preload=“none”

Hope it help you…
@pt2 @hendon52 @Bootsie @Flashman