Video protection

I’m posting this as ‘I need help’ or rather, should it be as a ‘Wish List’.

Great that there’s an option to prevent image protection option, but could there also be one for video ?

Thanks.

I am looking for help regarding this as well…

No one is able to prevent your own hosted video from being downloaded. Move your video to a streaming service like Vimeo or YouTube to make it more difficult (but still not impossible) for being downloaded.

You can’t really prevent anything from being downloaded. Browsers are designed to display content, and if it can be displayed, it can be downloaded. The best you can hope to do is make it more difficult by disabling the right-click option, but even that is easily overcome. The more important question is why you would want to prevent the video from downloading. If it’s there for all to see, what is the point of crippling it in some way?. If you simply want to ensure you’re being credited if the video gets downloaded and redistributed, just apply a watermark to the video. Although watermarks can be removed, it still a process that has to be gone through, and with video, its not always a clean job.

2 Likes

Thanks for your answer! I have two more questions… and I want to sincerely thank all the regulars on here that have been so helpful and take the time to explain things to non-coders like me. You are appreciated.

a) is there a way to remove the arrows on either side of the video in lightbox (arrows that bring the user to the next and previous video)?

b) The video audio keeps playing if I close the lightbox w/out pressing the stop button first. How can I stop this? I saw the thread about videos in modals, but it doesn’t mention lightboxes.

Well sort of figured (a) out: removed all styling from the arrows so you can’t see them. However, the links are still there if you hover and I have no idea how to remove those. As for (b), I added some javascript and it did the trick.