Video Requests for Blocs Master Weekly Videos

Hi Guys,

I have been publishing Blocs tutorials to my YouTube channel for many years, but I want to share videos on other topics on that channel, so I have decided to create a dedicated Blocs Master channel just for Blocs app related content.

I have been publishing weekly to this new channel, and I am looking for suggestions on what kind of videos you would like to see there.

Of course, the main Blocs Master tutorial database will continue to be hosted privately for Blocs Master students, but I would love to continue to help as many people as I can, so if there is something you would like me to cover, let me know.

In addition to free tutorials, I will post all of my reviews of Brics, and other custom add-ons for Blocs app. I will also create some other interesting shows related to Blocs app.

Below are the first 9 videos I have published there in the last month or so.

Best regards,
Eldar

8 Likes

Hi @Eldar

I would be very interested in knowing how you managed to get 100 points on PageSpeed and GTMetrix hence what method/process you have adopted. If that would be something you are willing to share.

Cheers
MDS

2 Likes

Thanks for your suggestion!

Yes, I will definitely share how I have done that!

Cheers,
Eldar

1 Like

How honest and critical will theses reviews be? Is customer service also reviewed? :thinking:
Or will it be more a mere introduction into these brics?

You can watch my older video reviews to get a feeling. I am focusing on sharing the reviews of the brics I actually like and use myself, and of course I am always 100% honest.

At the same time, If there is a critical problem with a product I am about to review, I will first contact the developer and ask him to fix it.

1 Like

@Eldar

Hi Eldar, fist of all, thanks a lot for all your dedication in promoting and explaining Blocs app!
Especially about all those smaller quirks and features, which are not visible at the first sight, but still allowing you to achieve pretty impressive results.
Without your explanatory videos, I would probably have moved on and chosen some other app for my projects…

About future videos suggestion: I remember you mentioning, that you’ve been looking at flex for quite some time. Maybe you’d consider sharing some tips using these classes inside blocs with us as well?

Thanks!

Maxim

5 Likes

Another vote for Flex too.

1 Like

I have mentioned to @Eldar and I still think it would be great if users could email in each month with their websites and randomly select say 3 of these and review them, see what how he would of done something or advice on how to have improved if need be - and also if no improvement is needed, then explain how the developer created something unique etc.

Flex would be a great video to see too and I am still desperate to see a collaboration with both @Eldar & @Norm together! maybe after the release of Blocs 4 and for Christmas video !!!

Keep up the amazing videos Eldar - they are really good.

ps, for your personal youtube channel, id love to see what are your latest iPad apps and if you have apple watch - what you find great with them.

Keep safe.

1 Like

I thank you Eldar for all that you are doing for the Blocs community and I whole heartedly agree with AdieJAM about the post ins and comments on sites. I’m not sure about other people, but I’m sure I would appreciate some candid advice about what and where I could have done things differently on my site. Yes, suggestions about boosting loading speeds also wouldn’t go astray. Latest iPad apps also, I would be open to as well. Always looking for those. Once again, a very big thank you for all the help which you have provided to me personally over these last months. I know I couldn’t have built our site without your help and the videos which you have made available on both Youtube and to paying members. Keep up the great work. Yell out when you want a site to get suggestions for please?
Sister Sabina

2 Likes

Hi @Maxim

Thanks for kind words, and for your suggestion!
I will definitely cover flex in my future videos!

Cheers,
Eldar

1 Like

Thanks for your suggestions, Adrian! Christmas video with @Norm sounds very cool! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Dear Sister Sabina! I hope all is well with you and your loved ones! Thank you for your kind suggestions and feedback! I will definitely get in touch with you when I start to gather submissions for sites to review! :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Eldar

New video is up

5 Likes
2 Likes

I would strongly caution against using images from these free websites. Read the small print and you will generally find there are loopholes where you are not protected. Some are uploading images deliberately to trap people.

Yeah, I saw this one case. Not sure how serious this is, but Unsplash is integrated and used in Squarespace and other web design platforms. I have never seen anyone having any issues and there are millions of users there.

That being said, of course, it’s important to be careful with licensing and everything.

Squarespace, like Rapidwever will no doubt have some nice legal text protecting themselves.

I spent many years as a professional photographer, working in various countries, so I know this market well. When royalty free images appeared that undercut prices and you can buy 750 images on Shutterstock with commercial usage for less than ÂŁ150 nowadays, so how much do you think the photographer is making?

Then we had rampant image theft that has hugely devalued the perception of photography, however there are very tough laws out there if you get this wrong.

Also from Wikipedia:

“The United States No Electronic Theft Act (NET Act), a federal law passed in 1997, in response to LaMacchia, provides for criminal prosecution of individuals who engage in copyright infringement under certain circumstances, even when there is no monetary profit or commercial benefit from the infringement. Maximum penalties can be five years in prison and up to $250,000 in fines.”

Now that I have a pay account in adobe, normally when I need to use photos, I go to stock.adobe.com and search for free images. Then I press the Licence icon and it license the image to my account and I can use it…

Probably it can help someone here, and hopefully I don’t have any issue with this way of working…

3 Likes

Hello my friend :grinning:

So many of us have used both your Templates and Tutorials and have learned so much from you. I’m so grateful for your insights. All of your work is top notch. Anyone who wants to excel in their knowledge and practice ought to be using your resources.
Regarding suggestions:
Blocs along with some tweaking :upside_down_face: can do just about anything we need. Sometimes its not easy, but thanks to those willing to help we get the answers.

Knowing this, I would love to see videos on Website Galleries with advance settings.

Also here is another challenge for you @Eldar Cover-Flow effects and more with Hyperlink - #4 by Blocs_User

1 Like

I’m glad you informed me of this years ago in another thread. Since then, I’ve been keeping track of images (both paid and stock-free) with their sources as well as contacting some of them for confirmation/thanks.
I think some review of the uploader’s profile would be recommended to ensure that they are indeed who they say they are and are indeed offering the image/clipart for non-commercial use.

1 Like