Volt Blog Update 1.6 - Bootstrap 5 Support

I just had an update to Volt 1.5. So far no issues. I discovered though, that the Blog on the Site that I am currently working on (which is published on a subdomain) does not show the Blog entries in preview anymore. And I noticed a new subdomain setting (only to use after consulting). The Volt Content is visible in preview.

@Jannis Jannis, do I need to change something to get the preview back? I don’t dare to republish my changes now, since the blog already contains 2 entries from my client.

1 Like

Try to remove both core and blog bric from the page, and re-add them. After publishing, the content should be visible again inside Blocs Preview.

1 Like

Does this maybe also help in my case? I just removed the core and added it again, as you described in your documentation, then all my blogposts disappeared on my website.

Hi ya,

Are all your blogs still saved though? Hope it’s a simple fix to get them all back to how they were

I am working on website with the blogging feature.

Can you post back how you get on please?

Good luck - Jannis will sort it.

1 Like

Bottom line: the update process of custom brics should be improved in future…

In some cases, supplied libraries and templated files are not correctly exported by Blocs. If you have issues with that, get back to me in a private message, I will check that.

They will not get deleted. And remember you always have a versioned snapshot of your content in the backup folder.

2 Likes

All is working fine for me. And agreed that the update process for 3rd party brics and blocs needs improvement. The extension manager still shows me one of the volt extensions as v1.4, wants to update and then says that v1.5 is already installed.

1 Like

Which one?

I tried again, now it´s working.

1 Like

Hi @Jannis, see below the bric which remains 1.4

Thanks @Jerry.

I am getting the same behaviour. Nevertheless for that bric it’s not important.

As I don’t have any logs, I have to check with @Norm.

@Jannis So, what is new with 1.5? I went to your website and only saw in your blog up to 1.4?

Thanks

Yep, that’s the one for me too.

Here is a description:

1 Like

Hi Jannis and others,

I don’t get the update show when I turn Blocs on - is there a way to force show the update.

How is the best way to check the Bric to see if I have it or not? The extension manager is empty.

Thanks all.

Ade

That’s not cool, you have to check with Norm.

At the end you’re always able to re-download my stuff from my.paddle.com

Cheers!

For anyone having issues with this update, check that you’re running PHP 7.3 or higher.

Remember PHP 7.2 is already out of support. Always be up-to-date with your PHP versions, also because of security reasons.

2 Likes

He @Jannis I confirm this, I have one client running, 7.2 and after the VOLT1.5 update nothing was working no blog or content brics, so I tested it with an other client who was running 7.3.35 and that was OK with the new 1.5 So updated all my sites who running VOLT-CMS to 7.3 and alle ok now.

1 Like

Thanks Jannis.

I have Blocs 3 on my Mac and extension manager is full…Blocs 4, nothing.

Very strange - @Norm any advice on this?

Then the migration process from B3 to B4 was not successful.

2 Likes

Thanks Jannis. I guess taking Blocs 4 off and re-installing this would be the best solution?

I have a lot of small projects on the go on Blocs 4 at the moment - I pray I do not lose anything by doing this re-install again…of course, if this is the solution. I have had a look on doing migration again within Blocs 4, but can’t see the option.

It seemed to have gone smooth when I did it originally.

I will have a look through the documents again.

I have sent Norm a message too, I will wait for a response 1st as could be a simple solution to doing this.