Volt CMS Update 1.9.2

ill give it a go this evening again, i may come back to you if i have issues.

Start by placing a couple Volt content brics in structure blocs. It won’t make much sense at this stage but just export it like that and login. Now inside the browser you can add content and when you go to preview in Blocs those elements are visible.

The more the site advances the easier it becomes and you can start making adjustments with successive exports. This was a mini site I produced with Volt that only took an hour or so the first time I used it. https://liubliu.co.uk. In essence you add the blocs in Blocs to create your layout and then insert content brics. Once online in the browser you add the actual content.

1 Like

HUZZAH!!! Its working, its working!!!

There are some truly amazing people on this forum to offer support and amazing products!!! @Jannis you have nailed it my friend!! great job!!

@Flashman your support!!! awesome

Now i have 2 questions, then i shall go quietly into the dark night.

1. Can i change the colour of the default font for the blog
  2. I cannot seem to work out where to put the social media bloc - presently i have it here:

at the bottom, but it doesn’t show on the published page, im guessing it should show under each blog entry, but to do that where in the blocs page does it sit?

If you remove the class .volt-blog-share on the container it will then appear.

But this probably not how you are supposed to have it work.
MDS

I don’t think this is related to Volt CMS.

Dear forum,

I am happy to release version 1.3 with the new blog functionality.
Many thanks to my beta testing team!

For using the Blog, Blocs 3.5.1 or 3.5.2 beta is required.

This is a free update for all customers.
If you are new to Volt CMS, save 10% on the purchase until 05. August 2020 with the discount code VOLT-CMS-ROCKS.

For updating to 1.3, existing users have to download again from Paddle as described here in order to get the new bric and blocs: Update Volt CMS

Here you can find a setup documentation and tutorial video: Blog Setup

Demo: Blog

Cheers
Jannis

7 Likes

And many thanks to you for your hard work. Looking forward to using it properly.

1 Like

Sold! Awesome work!!!

1 Like

Thanks man, appreciate :+1: :sunglasses:

Very nice update, thanks @Jannis. Fantastic work you done! Now blogging with blocs yeahhhhh

1 Like

Volt CMS is awesome, BLOGGING using this programme by @Jannis is just awesome too.

Simple to get going, simple to work with, we as a community couldn’t ask for anything more! An absolute legend of a product that will alter how many use and see BLOCS as a wider programme

Well done and thank you!

1 Like

Brilliant, Jannis! Any plan to have us sort / search blog post by categories or maybe even tags (I know, no tags yet, but who knows what’s about to come)…

1 Like

Thanks!

You are currently able to filter posts by:

• authors
  • categories
  • later on tags (I want to make it simple for the start)

You are able to sort all posts ascending and descending by:

• date
  • title

You are also able to search all posts with a simple multi word search.

1 Like

Hm, I don’t seem to able to do that on the demo page (not logged in). I can sort by title and name, not categories. Or did I miss something? I have not yet purchased it, but sure will.

Just click on one of the categories like:

https://voltdemo.blocsaddons.com/blog/?category=water

Right, that wasn’t very obvious to me. Thanks.

If you allow me one more question… is it (maybe even with a future update) possible, to have a separate list of categories / tags, that one can choose from? Like here: Gedanken zur Zeit und zur Homöopathie

Yes, it’s Total CMS and I don’t want or need a Total CMS clone, but maybe a few more options in the future? :slight_smile:

Yes, a date / author / category archive option will come with 1.4, as also a recent post bric.

3 Likes

Brilliant :+1:t2::grin:

1 Like

This looks great - will be adding this for sure.

@Jannis - is there a demo like J.Workman did with his where we can log in and have a little play around with ? (think his resets every 30 mins back to default)

Thanks