Volt CMS Update 1.9.2

Dear community,

as some of you already know, I am developing a CMS for Blocs App - Volt CMS. It’s dedicated especially for Blocs App and targeting the market of a simple to use and inline editing CMS system.
It comes without the bells and whistles of Wordpress for example. You are currently not able to create a blog with it. Depending on user feedback, this might come later.

It contains just basic text content and styling, image uploads, and photo galleries.
There is a clear separation between design (which is done inside Blocs App) and content creation (online, inside Volt CMS).

In addition, it is flat file, so no database needed. The content is stored on your server. It is a one time purchase without subscription, unlimited websites included, to make it easy to consume. It will cost 99€ (± foreign currencies).

The CMS system is now feature complete, and first beta tests have been successful. Therefore I am now slowly starting early access to Volt CMS.
How will that work? Just write me a direct message here in the forum, and I will include you in a early access users group. I will provide a discount for the first 10 users (first come, first serve).

For more info check out Volt CMS and http://voltcms.com.

Cheers
Jannis

4 Likes

Hello, I want to just put out an endorsement for Jannis (Instacks) and Volt. I realise as I’m new here my words carry no weight, as is right (respect is earned not demanded), but I build commercial sites for clients and use many addons from Jannis, they are all about the best in class.

Many of my clients ask for CMS, but with CMS comes power, and few know how to wield it! I find the Volt approach far better: You define the design and content areas, the clients populates these areas, getting to change them as often as they wish. Most of my client sites include such areas.

I’ve used Volt, in fact it and Blocs will soon form the platform for a new CMS solution I plan to offer to clients, and I can say it’s very good. IMO it’s offers just what you need in a clean and simple to understand interface.

I’m new to Blocs (I got it to work with Volt) so will be asking plenty of daft questions over the next few weeks/months/years, so please don’t judge my endorsement of Volt on my other posts :wink:

As I say, I’m not for one second making any claims about my own level of expertise in anything, I’ve been blagging it at this web building malarky for the last 20 years, but I do have a pretty good understanding of what clients (and so general users) want, and I think Volt is going to fit in perfectly.

6 Likes

Very exciting and will be useful. I do think that blog functions will be a very welcomed addition

3 Likes

Finally. someone working on a simple solution. Many web designers will look forward to putting this to the test. IMO though, I think it cost is way too much, even Blocs which can do so much more cost less.

Hi Jannis,

It looks very promising! Great work!
Looking forward to the further progress (blogging features will be cool).

Cheers,
Eldar

6 Likes

Thanks for your comments.

I strongly disagree that a CMS system for 99€ for unlimited websites and no subscription is too much. Let’s take a web designer using Volt CMS for 10 clients. It’s 10€ per project. Other CMS solutions cost $99 per domain.

I am not a fan of cheap software. You get proper support, and it must be fair at the end for both sides.

Best
Jannis

12 Likes

Nice, good luck with the project! I’ve been working on something very similar for the past few days actually. I think this is a good way to go in terms of meeting the need for Blocs users.

1 Like

Nice work @Jannis.

2 Likes

well done @Jannis, this looks very promising, special to be able to see the online content in preview mode, nice!

4 Likes

Thanks for your comments :smiley:

Yes, that was quite challenging to implement. I think this is a cool feature.

With this, the designer is able to make changes to the structure and design while previewing the online content.

2 Likes

Good luck, InStacks. I don’t need Volt yet but maybe one day!

1 Like

It is an interesting option for me. Not everybody needs a big CMS…Special for customers with small business could your Volt CMS a good alternative.

1 Like

There are still some places available. Feedback so far very good. Just send me a private message if you want to get involved.

1 Like

Early Bird access with a 50% discount will close on Sunday, December 22nd.
Write me a private message for details and demo access.

Afterwards the full price tag will be applied, see Volt CMS | Blocs Store or Volt CMS

1 Like

it’S interesting! I purchased Pulse, but I’m not totally happy with it… a blog would be essential, tho…

3 Likes

As said before, a blog is currently not available and most probably will be included next year.

Cheers
Jannis

2 Likes

I just purchased this today. Fantastic, easy to use and great value. Thank you so much for creating it. It will make such as difference to the way I create websites and finally give my clients a simple and fast way to update areas of their website without me having to do it for them.

2 Likes

Hi Robster,

Thanks so much for your comments. That’s great to hear.

Best
Jannis

1 Like

I have been really busy with client work and only just found some time to experiment with Volt for the first time. I’ve thrown up a quick demo page at https://liubliu.co.uk with a short explanation of how it works. It’s no great work of art as a website, but it took less than hour from scratch and this is the first time I have sat down to consciously try to build something with Volt.

A couple screenshots for you here. This is how it looks for editing inside the web browser before saving:

And here is how it previews inside Blocs:

I found it very useful working with the web browser and Blocs open at the same time, so changes could be previewed and compared. At that point I was able to make adjustments to spacing etc in Blocs and upload revised versions. Once the page layout is settled it could all be done inside the web browser.

Some more practice will no doubt help but I fully expect to use Volt regularly with the added improvements that will be coming. It is really quite easy to use and intuitive once you understand the basic concept and learn to work with that inside the editing canvass of Blocs.

4 Likes

Thanks @Flashman for the review.

I have a site at the moment, that’s ready to go live, but the client sucks at returning my request for content. So, this could be a good motivator for these customers, as they see something before them and they can directly add their content.

1 Like