Volt CMS Update 1.9.2

Thanks, I just downloaded it from my original purchase link.

1 Like

Sounds like a great option that has been long missing from many website development platforms. Can you please clarify whether it currently has an online sign-up feature and whether the feature has payment gateway integration. The only reason I ask is that some of my clients need this functionality for protected content - basically, allowing clients to sign-up to gain access - with or without payment. I didn’t see anything in the documentation about this. If it isn’t currently available, is it something planned for the future?

1 Like

Brilliant!

I have just had a play with the demo on the page, can I have it so the user can get into a password protected page and not have the 2 icons in the top left of the screen? I need to have pages once password is added - it acts as a normal page and not have options / icons…I don’t want them to have any editing options or choice of buttons - just a log in…and boom!

Also If I want to use Volt for purely for just password protecting a page which is not made in volt, can this be done?

Thanks Jannis

As you have nothing read about this: no. You are currently only able to use the 5 inbuilt users, what I also stated before.

Further functionality like online user creation (by administrator users) and self registration will follow in a later version update.

Regarding payment integration: I guess there would be a dozen possible integrations, so no, that’s currently out of scope, at least for this main version.

Yes.

Yes. Remember correctly only the 5 inbuilt username/password hash combinations can be used.

Quick heads up:

If you update from a lower version to 1.4, make sure to remove the core bric and add it again. See for reference:

Hey Jannis,
Regarding password protected pages, is it possible to use just a password to access, or view, a page?
An example use-case could be a portfolio of projects in where access is granted to just a select few. So unlike logging in to a site, a password is used to unlock a page.

Is that currently possible? From what I can tell, it doesn’t look like it is.
But… if it is, how can I do that? If not possible, is this something that can be added to the roadmap?

1 Like

All is currently based on one central Volt login, where you have to supply a username and a password.

Having just a password would most likely have to be part of another bric / product.
I’ll check what I can do.

1 Like

Got it :+1:

Thanks Jannis, for getting back to me on this.

1 Like

Check that your server is using PHP 7.3 as described in the prerequisites

2 Likes

First time using this. Must be doing something wrong but I am unable to login, keeps saying authentication failed, tried in local browser and live on the server

user is admin and password is admin with the hash, but still can’t login.

Have you enabled GD and Zip in the server PHP settings of cPanel?

2 Likes

Legend! Was running PHP 8.0 so switched to 7.4 and made sure gd and zip was enabled under PHP version. Thanks @Flashman

1 Like

Yes I tried PHP 8 with Volt and even contacted Guru about this. The Zip repository has not yet been enabled and you’ll need that for backups. I think the GD option is required to login and the rest.

PHP 8 is very new and I suggest sticking with 7.4 for quite a while.

1 Like

Yeah going to stick with 7.4 for a while as it’s not the first time 8.0 has caused me issues! Thanks again mate.

I check for zip and gd library. If there not installed, either backup or image resize doesn’t work. The rest should work fine.

I have a PHP 8 server running Volt CMS without issues.

1 Like

@Jannis - Are you able to edit the title/read more text to different fonts and colours etc? Haven’t found a way to do it, can edit the summary and main content via class.

Thanks,

@Jannis Yes I was able to login with PHP 8 as well and make saves. The GD option is there in the settings, so we are just waiting for zip to make those backups.

@Brocky120 You should achieve that by creating custom classes for text colours and font type, adding them to the core settings, then apply inside the browser after first selecting the element properties the bottom of the browser window and choosing the class.

I did try that, but you can’t add a class to anything inputted into the the fields on the modal ‘Post’ section such as the Title, only the parts at the bottom if that makes sense.

The classes are already inside the html markup. You have to style these classes inside the Blocs Class Editor to your needs. There are documented here underneath styling: