Volt CMS Update 1.9.2

Problem solved by email - Thanks Jannis.

The content names cannot have spaces so for example my incorrectly named ‘client content’ was renamed to ‘client-content’ and all works now.

2 Likes

That’s curious, I made the same mistake a few days ago, though I cannot remember it causing a similar problem. I think Jannis plans to include a fix so that gaps are replaced with an underscore automatically.

Thanks @Flashman for helping out :smiley:

Yes, I will publish a fix next week, so that blanks and other non URL friendly special characters will be handled correctly.

Cheers
Jannis :sunglasses:

4 Likes

@Jannis Does the login page have to be called login? I wondered if that could be renamed by users to something more vague and seemingly irrelevant, so that anybody attempting to gain access has to work harder.

2 Likes

No, it can have any name.

Cheers
Jannis

2 Likes

That’s good to hear. I receive more hits on my websites looking for Wordpress admin login pages than practically any other and I don’t use Wordpress.

Glad being able to release Version 1.1.0 today, incorporating some bug fixes and new icons (thanks to @Norm :smiley:).

It’s pretty solid now, so will concentrate on the future roadmap and updating of videos and tutorial.

Thanks for the positive feedback so far :+1:

Cheers
Jannis

5 Likes

Well done @Jannis and @Norm This is a major achievement and a big jump forward for all Blocs users.

2 Likes

Updating to V1.1.0 via the extension manager, and upload to the server, that was easy and seamless. My 3 projects are up to date now :smiley: bravo @Jannis and @Norm. Looking forward to test the upcoming BLOG function! That will be very interesting for a lot of Blocs users!

2 Likes

How do i get the update, since I have not install for first one yet.

As you have purchased through Paddle, you always able to download the latest version either through the download link in the delivery email or via login into https://my.paddle.com/

2 Likes

Thank you Jannis @Jannis

Can wait for the slider.

Looking forward to using it hopefully soon enough.

Cheers,
MDS

1 Like

Thanks Jannis

I created a new online demo for all interested users.

https://voltdemo.blocsaddons.com/

It includes also template pages from @Eldar and @SteveB

You are able to login here: Login

Cheers
Jannis

3 Likes

Question on Volt CMS, is there a way to design in blocs and the wrap the designs for volt CMS?
Instead of creating a page with the volt brics (volt Content, volt gallery).

Should be possible. Remember you have to give every Volt CMS content / gallery bric also a dedicated content area name.

so then, you have to give it a content area name to wrap it for VOLT?

Sorry I don’t understand you.

“Wrapping of content” is not possible like for the other CMS systems.

Maybe provide a screenshot for better understanding.

Yes. just like the other CMS systems. You use brics in blocs and wrap content for the CMS.
So to create the VOLT CMS, you can only use the VOLT brics provided (volt content, volt gallery)?

Exactly, as the content bric is a door opener to different text styles, images, videos, tables, etc.

1 Like