Volt Cms and Audio Files

Hi @Jannis
in the edit mode I see that I can insert a image or a video. But is it possible for client to insert audio files (mp3) ?

thanks
tom

Currently not. On the todo list.

1 Like

Is there a way to insert extra html code? So I can use the html audio element …?

tom

It is not possible to insert custom html code, which the editor doesn’t know or is able to parse. That’s for security reasons.

ok, thanks. So at the moment no chance to insert audio files. Hope a update will come soon :slight_smile:

thanks for the help
tom

@tom2 Have you had an update in this regard? I am also trying to find a way to upload an audio file… :slight_smile:

Greetings @tom2 and @roamingchick -

This may or may not help you or be exactly related to your needs but I’ve been using both Volt CMS and Repository Manager (optional but convenient) for the purpose of allowing visitors to my site to listen to old radio programs.

https://jefflamrouex.com

An example is on the Home Page in the Johnny Dollar section mid-page. Click on a link to any of the The Chesapeake Fraud Matter episodes and a new window opens playing the mp3 file. All of the page display is Volt CMS driven and the mp3 files can be on the server or a Dropbox or a Google Drive. Because it is all editable in Volt CMS, I can switch out the files/links at any time with my browser.

I hope this may help you.

-Jeff-

3 Likes

Would be nice to be able to add Soundcloud links, in the same way that we add YouTube or Vimeo content to VoltCMS.

I did a few websites earlier this year with Soundcloud embeds in , worked brilliant. - but did this via the code widget in an iFrame, I am guessing this is not possible via Volt?..would be cool for users if so as for a music Blog they can add there mixes in so they users can listen on the page.

Failing that - I guess doing it manually or getting the use in Volt to add a link.

Good luck @DerekDigital I am sure @Jannis will have a solution.

1 Like

Thanks for the information @AdieJAM. Good to know there are workaround solutions, but really want something super-easy for clients, so they can change content with a straight forward copy and paste of a URL link.