Volt CMS and blog template

Silly question maybe!! I am using Eldar’s blog template on my site and am wondering whether if I purchase Volt CMS I would be able to do the updates to maybe just the blog articles without touching any other area of the site (of course I’m also interested in using Volts in other areas if I can figure out how to use it. Just I haven’t much clue as to its scope even after viewing the 2 tutorials I have watched)? The reason for the question is that I thought I read that you have to set the area you want to use Volt CMS for and that it isn’t applicable to the whole site? Am I wrong?

Thanking you
Sabina

Yes, that’s how most CMS works. We have not seen how the blog feature will integrate yet. Volt works great for editing small areas on your site. I know @Jannis is currently working on the blog feature and I would think we will see at least a beta version soon.

Casey

1 Like

Thanks Casey, but the blog I am talking about is already in existence. Its this one: Blogger Template | Blocs Store So its a template within an already existing site if you get what I mean. Should that work? Of course, should a Volt’s blog come out then I would also give that some consideration. Just put so much work into the already existing blog.

Thanks

Sabina

I think it will work but it probably will not look the same a Eldars template. We will just have to wait and see how much control we will have.

Casey

1 Like

Ok thank you

Hi Sabina,

Here is a demo of the blog: Blog

You will be able to create additional posts with help of a UI form I am currently working on.

The Volt blog has nothing to do with the blog template. The blog template uses new pages for each post.

Volt Blog will integrate of course with you already existing Blocs template or project.

Cheers
Jannis

1 Like