Volt CMS brilliant!

Is in our server, or is a Volt server?
Sorry for my questions…

On your server.

Ok, so my last question, do you have any discount for forum users?!?!?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Currently not. I think all my users are forum users :wink:

3 Likes

Can the CMS be in a subfolder? I have landing pages I need at the root, but the blog needs to be in a subfolder.

The project itself must be installed in root. The blog page can be on the home page or in a sub page. Clean URLs must be activated for the project.

1 Like

Yes!

3 Likes

InStacks, I presume you are the developer of Volt CMS and from what I’ve read, it comes across as an easy to use and powerful CMS solution. I have a question for you and will really appreciate your help. I need to create an online catalogue of products. For example, lets say I have 2 main categories and each category has 10 sub-categories and each sub-category has 10 products. What I need is a way to easily access all the categories, sub-categories and products through a pull down menu or list panel. Once a product is chosen from the list, the product page should show a photo of the product to the left, a title and description of the product to the right and a small PDF icon at the bottom to download the information sheet of that product.

Via the password access, the client should be able to add new products, update existing products and delete product that are no longer offered. I believe I can do all this with Volt CMS, could you kindly guide me and give me your input.

1 Like

There is currently (and will not) be a hierarchical structure of categories.

I will add tags in the next version, which could act as some kind of hierarchical structure.

Pull down menu is not on the todo list and most probably will not get there. Listing like an archive is on the todo list.

Columns are currently not supported, and most probably will not make it in this version. Tables are included, but not what you seek. The possibility to upload PDFs will be added in the next release.

I think so too, the blog functionality can also be used as products page.

1 Like

Thank you for your prompt reply InStacks, I really appreciate it.

You mentioned the blog functionality can also be used as a products page, can you explain how I can use that functionality to solve my problem.

Instead of blog posts, create a product. Have a look at the demo page and try to create a post, which looks like a product page.

Sorry InStacks, I am a bit new to all this stuff. Can you provide a link to what you mean, where is the demo page?

Found it and tried it.

1 Like

I do apologise InStacks, I am a designer with no programming skills and am still in the process of learning more about Blocs but am attracted to Volt CMS for its simplicity. I noticed that many members of the forum are liking it a lot.

So instead of blog posts, I can create a product and I like that idea. Essentially, I have read another post and have found that Blocs objects (Image and Text fields) cannot be wrapped in Volt. Hence, can I drag 3 Volt bricks on the page, position them and define one as an image (pic of product) and the other as a title (product name) and the third as a text (product description) ?

Yes you can, which will not give you kind of a product catalog you first mentioned.

A kind of library, store, or catalog you will get only with the blog functionality.

Hi Samazar,
I would highly recommend testing all that Volt CMS has to offer. It works really simple and there are a lot of options. I created an website just to experiment, so I could learn what I can do with Volt.
I have already created a website where the Blog is used as a product overview. My client can very easily control everything himself.

2 Likes

Thank you InStacks and Mattheus.

Is a trial version of Volt CMS available?

No, just the online demo.

Hello InStacks, one question please, I was looking in the demo site you refer, and in the filter you have in blog, is there any chance to have a Categories filter there?

A category archive is on the todo list.