Want to create a background video & PHP pages

Hi all,

I have just done a test and Blocs 4 still does not allow background videos to be played if any pages have PHP in the project.

This does give me a few issues as I do have a possible site where the client 100% wants a background video on the home page.

On the 4th page - they want a Blog and this will be done via Volt, so must have the page in a PHP page.

Right then - with this in mind I have a few questions:
1: @Norm do you know if this will change anytime soon? if not - I will move to point 2 !
2: Anyone know how to have a work around having background videos and PHP pages? if not, I will scrap 1 and 2 and move to point 3 !
3: I remember @hendon52 doing his project split and to be honest - i got the general conception, but wondered as a project how this would mess up sitemaps and SEO as this needs to be SEO great with SEO. - part of me is now wondering if i do the website in 2 sections - all the pages in a project with the background video - and then another project with the Blog pages only and make these pages PHP.

If i do number 3…as the pages are still part of the same domain, even thought I have split the project I am wondering if this will still still not work!?

The video is a crucial part of what they want - and so is the blog…any help from anyone will be greatly appreciated !..if point 1…2…or 3 will not work…I will think of a point 4 !!! and if that is no good…I will message @Norm to see if he can do point 1 !

Thanks all - and keep safe

Can we get a confirmation that this is true?

gonna try a test really quick.

Hi @Whittfield

I just tried a couple with some videos on and I dragged a registration page in which is PHP, and this did not work.

As long as i know this will not work i can advise when trying to sell projects - but I am not sure on splitting the project if it will make it work - never split a project before !
But my client 100% wants a video and a blog.

But please do a test and feed this back - be good to have professional eyes !

Remember: that’s only concerning the preview inside Blocs. Not the live published website.

The live published website on the webserver always worked fine.

2 Likes

That’s a relief! :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Phew !..I did a test and made a stupid mistake of naming the video page php too and not html, just changed it and all is good.

So to get this all straight - this is purely in preview then!..right - I think i’ve been looking at this screen too much today and its sending me nuts !

Thanks all.

2 Likes

I hardly ever use Blocs preview, although it’s super useful and I wish I could.

It’s great until it’s not. It’s really not Blocs fault though. I suspect that implementing Webkit and probably Chromium too in this way just comes inherent with some little gotchas. Candidly, some exist in the regular browser too.

option + command + B , has been very fast for me. I could hit those keys with a cast on :smile: I use them so much!

2 Likes