Web pages not displaying correctly

Hi all, totally new to this and blocs. I have created a very basic website for myself within blocs. To me looked great then published it to my hosting and domain.

Even though I had checked it over and viewed it in browsers using the options in blocs. The site did not display with any formatting or images ?

Spent a few hours clearing cache and speaking to hosting company who were as helpful as they could be and said that I may have to check the code. This is where I get lost. I know nothing about code or coding and that is why I purchased blocs as I did not require any knowledge of this.

Am I missing something is it me my hosting company or sholoi look at something else and get my money back.

Please help I am open to all suggestions but I am NO web programmer.

That doesn’t sound right. At a guess I wonder if you have uploaded it to the wrong location or something. Do you have a url we could check?

3 Likes

A link is the only way to give help here

1 Like

Evening all thanks for coming back to me on this.

The url is chaddonline.co.uk as I said I am totally new and inexperienced with this area. I built it in blocs and it looked great just what I wanted for a starter something I could at least develop and I viewed it all in the browsers from blocs and again it looked great. But it is when I uploaded it it has all gone array.

Thanks for any help that you offer.

I can see in the page inspector that you are missing lots of resources.

[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) (bootstrap.min.css, line 0)
[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) (blocs.min.js, line 0)
[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) (bootstrap.bundle.min.js, line 0)
[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) (jquery.min.js, line 0)
[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) (lazysizes.min.js, line 0)
[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) (lazyload-ph.png, line 0)
[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) (pageload-spinner.gif, line 0)
[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) (favicon.png, line 0)

Also if I check with the page inspector I cannot see any images at all, so it’s like you haven’t uploaded the full export from Blocs.

1 Like

This is a great update and thank you for your time, help and assistance. I really don’t understand it though so I will check in the morning.

I have saved the site and checked it before exporting it, I have not changed anything in any of the menus so just done a straight export from blocs.

All of the files are showing in my ‘htdocs’ folder on the server with file sizes etc.

I will check and re export in the morning and re upload it to the server and check it again to see if I’m missing anything.

Thanks again for your help and assistance totally appreciated. I will let you know how it goes tomorrow.

Hello, It is me again, I have just done a simple page and re uploaded to my site. Again it is not working - In the inspector it is displaying

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
animate.min.css:1
all.min.css:1
jquery.min.js:1
bootstrap.bundle.min.js:1
blocs.min.js:1
lazyload-ph.png:1
lazysizes.min.js:1
pageload-spinner.gif:1
blocs.min.js:1
lazysizes.min.js:1
bootstrap.min.css:1
animate.min.css:1
all.min.css:1

Although everything has been packaged and exported from Blocs and uploaded via FTP (htdocs) to my hosting company (Fasthosts) with NO errors in the uploading, is this an issue with Blocs or my hosting company. And again there is no images.

I am a total novice att this and I am getting quite frustrated now that nothing seems to be working for me.

Thanks for any help given.

This is interesting. I had this last week and nearly went into meltdown as nothing I did worked. Everything exported fine, everything ftp’d fine everything in server fine.

But viewing—- didn’t work started with loss of pics etc then went to the whole site without any explanation .

Couldn’t figure it out, so went to raise a support ticket on my hosting package and they did a test thing which showed a lot of permission errors with a choice to fix them.

That did the trick

All I can tell you is that I am uploading sites all the time with Blocs and never had a problem like this in over 5 years. You mentioned packaging the project and that is really intended for when you want to send it to somebody else including all the assets. To upload via FTP simply export the project and then upload the contents to your server.

If you are using clean urls, which I would recommend your export contents should look something like this with a separate folder for each page.

Screenshot 2022-01-28 at 17.12.01

1 Like