Website tries to get Google fonts even when switched off

I disabled Google fonts in the project settings, as I don’t want to use them. If I preview my website and open the inspector, I can see, that the site still wants to get in contact with the Google server. What can I do to prevent this?

Have a quick check through the project and make sure you don’t have an instance of a page or even a paragraph trying to load a Google font. I’m not certain if disabling them in project settings would automatically remove reference of a Google font that was set previously via the side panel for example, hence the possible error.

1 Like

Same here.

There is noch reference to SF UI anymore but there is the Google-Font wich is a problem for gdpr in Europe.

Disabling Google Fonts in the Projects settings helps!

@Flashman That would actually be quite annoying. When you decide after some time to rather use locally installed webfonts instead of “normal” linked Google Fonts you possibly would have to check hundreds of instances where you previously might have assigned a regular Google Font…

I’d really expect an app like Blocs to take care of that and to replace or kick out any reference to linked Google Fonts once you uncheck that ”Enable Google Fonts" checkbox in the project settings. Am I really asking for too much here?

I was referencing Blocs 3 at the time and it may be different with Blocs 4. I don’t personally use Google fonts, unless loaded locally due to GDPR and other issues. If you think there is a bug or some suggestion for improvement I suggest you fill in a bug report.

https://help.blocsapp.com/knowledge-base/reporting-bugs/