Weird footer behaviour- skips to top on scroll [SOLVED]

Possibly has something to do with my attempts at getting a sticky footer happening, which I gave up on (is flexbox not possible in blocs?), so have removed all custom code from “page setup” and removed the related custom classes. How to fix this strangeness?

Do you have a link we can look at?

Yes Flexbox is part of the Bootstrap 4 framework, which Blocs uses.

yxe in progress’.zip (1.4 MB)
I don’t have anything on the server yet.

what i tried to do with the footer before (all removed now):
    <style>
html {
	height: 100%;
}

body {
	min-height: 100%
	display: flex;
	flex-direction: column;
}

footer {
	margin-top: auto;
}
</style>

I don’t really understand the code thing in page setup, sometimes it seems like it may be just ignoring what I’m putting in. I also can’t find any detailed documentation about it.

Hey @mistergreen,

For some reason stick-nav is being applied on the footer. I can not see where its being added? It could be a bug?? @Norm may have to look at the project file.

With that class removed and the following styles added to the page header it works fine using the footer class you already have.

<style>
.footer {
  position: fixed;
  bottom: 0;
}
</style>

You might need to delete the bloc and re make it?

thanks for taking a look. You were right, there was something “stuck”. I deleted/recreated the footer and the problem went away. I’ve given up on the shortp-pages-footer issue for now. It seems like there should be an easy, built-in method to deal with short pages, for now I guess i’ll resort to the extremely inelegant “add more stuff” method.

Oh so that’s what the plan was. To make a footer with a dynamic height to fill the rest of the screen for short content?

No, that’s actually really easy to do (and looks totally bizarre on a large screen like my 27” 5k iMac). I wanted a fixed-height footer (per breakpoint) which always stays at the bottom of the viewport, whatever height that may be. Hopefully I articulated that properly.

Right. Well with the sticky classes gone and the styles I posted above it was working like that in the browser fine.

Okay, thanks. I’ll revisit it when I’m done the current batch of jobs. I appreciate your time.