Who is getting a new MBP then?

New MBP laptops look great, anyone going to get one?

1 Like

I think I will wait for the future Macbook air / non-pro. I do not need all this power for websites but I love the eco system etc.

Are you planning on getting one Norm?

I figure some guy called @Norm will be at the front of the line.

2 Likes

I already wish clients could see their website on my 16" MacBook Pro monitor in all its glory instead of their crappy over saturated Samsung monitor. It just got worse :rofl:

I may hold off a bit. The prices have gone up in New Zealand.

I won’t be sadly, but they look lovely :heart_eyes:

I’m holding out for the 2022 iMac Pro Max :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I think we get a clear picture of how they are shaping up the range. A set of 3.

PS, I actually like the notch.

Who in their right mind would buy an Intel Windows laptop now? They should be given away free with a box of weetabix.

6 Likes

Have to say I like the new keyboard design, with the black background. Looks awesome.

1 Like

I think I will stick to my M1 MacBook Air for now. Was planning to get the 14/16 MBP and pass the MacBook Air to my wife. Maybe in a year or so.

As for upgrades, I’m not a fan of a heavier weight and a bit fat looking design, otherwise great upgrades to the Pro lineup.

2 Likes

Yeah it’s definitely a little chubbier.

1 Like

Even the MacBook Pro suffers from the Covid belly. :rofl:

4 Likes

For now I stick to my MBP M1…

My current M1 MacBook Pro is overkill for me.

I’ve got my order in!
I use AutoCad and Vectorworks so the processing power is a massive leap from my reliable, lovely but old 2915 & 16 MBPs.
Vectorworks 2022 doesn’t run on last years OS, and if I updated one MBP some other software my wife uses would be deleted.

If you’re in the UK be aware that:
We are offered a 130% tax allowance on net capital investments at the mo, so a MBP at £2400 - less VAT, and the tax break - will cost me (in actuality) a bit less than £1500 after this year’s books are submitted.
That made it an easy decision.
Roll on next week! :nerd_face:🧑🏻‍💻

6 Likes

Did you go for the Pro Andy?

I had to go pro. Should be more than enough for me. I use external HDDs so capacity wasn’t an issue. I don’t do a massive amount of rendering in CAD, so I think this should still be ample for a simple soul like me.

1 Like

I am waiting until they are free.
Then I may get two.

3 Likes

I like your optimism!!
I checked yesterday and found out my MBP at work is late 2012 and can still run Vectorworks.
Seeing as Vectorworks is a £2000+ bit of software, then if I can get 9 years out of this one and it still works I’d be a happy chappy.
Compared to the running costs of my workshop, this is another cost, but not too heavy. I guess a lot of you guys can work from home or a small office.
Or New Zealand, Maldives, etc!!

3 Likes

New Zealand is not without its lock downs. The city I live in is in day 64 of the current one, (one of many) with at least a couple more weeks to go (for restrictions to loosen anyway). So working from home is pretty normal here at the moment. And the Govt will keep it like that until vaccinated rates get to a certain level. So here is hoping for a Christmas outside the house :rofl:

1 Like

Dear Santa,

I’ve been a very good boy this year. Can I have a new MBP…….or a chimp (like I’ve asked you for the last 47 years).

Regards,

Reg Dent, 51 1/2 years, Switzerland

PS: My sister, 56 3/4 years, England, said you’re not real, so doesn’t deserve that pony.

3 Likes