WWDC 21 - MacOS

The Apple keynote is a week away. What new features would you like to see in the next version of MacOS?

1 Like

Honestly, I’m quite content with macOS as is right now. I really hope those rumors about new MacBook Pro announcements are true though. Been holding on to my Late 2013 MBP for a while but it gets loud even with cleanup and new thermal paste.

1 Like

Blocs running on iPadOS.

:grin:

12 Likes

That’s more of an iPadOS wish list but I 100% agree

1 Like

Exactly, no wishes for macOS.

That would make me upgrade to the iPad Pro in a heartbeat.

3 Likes

Blocs is the only app that keeps me from switching completely to iPad Pro :slight_smile:

4 Likes

A free upgrade from a 2010 intel Mac Pro to a 2021 silicon Mac Pro.

6 Likes

hums Nazareth’s ‘Dream On’ …

Good one though :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I‘ve always wanted Calendar and Reminders to be merges into one, encompassing app; though this wish extends to IOS as well…

If I cannot have the free Mac Pro upgrade I’d really like to see more advanced filing for messages in Apple Mail to folders using auto-suggest. For years I’ve used an app called MailHub where development has been abandoned and no longer works in Big Sur. Nothing else comes close to MailHub for fast organisation of mail messages if you have a lot of folders.

Never say never.

Why another MacOs? As some of you remember BigSur crashed my Mac trying to upgrade my 2016 MBP when it came out. I was in the Apple store just last weekend and asked if I should try again? The tech said you should have no problems this time. Well, after 3 more tries, four hours on the phone with 2 different techs it still will not upgrade to BigSur. They cannot figure out why, I can call back and try again but I guess it’s not worth the hassle. On the bright side, I did learn some things to just reinstall the current OS without having to format and install my HD clone.
Casey

2 Likes

A version for iOS. A fully functional version for iPadOS. The reason I switched to Webflow was not because I didn’t LOVE Blocs, it’s because I can work with it in iPadOS

1 Like

I see I’m not the only one.

1 Like

I wonder who will be the first to ask for a version of Blocs that runs on an Apple Watch.

7 Likes

I have heard rumours that Norm is secretly working on a version for the Airpods… it is suppose to work handsfree, no coding and no skills required… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Some nice features for macOS this year. Nothing truly groundbreaking for me but it’s whatever.
I think I’m just going to bite the bullet and get a M1 MBP

1 Like

I got myself the M1 MBP… man, what a monster!!! No more burned legs (The old MBP got really hot!), superfast, a real joy to work on…

2 Likes