Active Link Class color is not changing

Yes, I colored the nav link there. How would you otherwise color the links in the navbar?

I’ve just checked if removing the color from the .navbar-nav li a class solves the issue, but no. The active class is just not changing the color of the nav link.

I am using the same project in this tutorial (Style the Active Page Link in Blocs - YouTube)

Maybe there is something you have added somewhere? In any case, you can send me the project file and I will check what’s causing the issue.

The extra tutorial did the trick!

Thanks Eldar!

2 Likes

Cool! I will link it in the Blocs 5 course as well, so people who have the same problem will know where to go to find a solution.

1 Like

Like @tomster, I got there in the end, but what a hassle to get there!

Thanks everyone.

1 Like

Yeah, it can drive you mad. Should be such an easy thing to change, yet it isn’t. You get there if you know what can cause issues though :wink:

Yeah, I agree.
I wish it was simpler. For example, just select the navbar, set the regular, hover, and active link colors in the sidebar.

2 Likes

@Norm You’re working the magic here. Would something liked that be possible?

I’ve done it the following way for a long time. We have even talked about it on the forum before.

Project setting
.active

Custom class
.nav-link.active

That’s it. Easy. (Note, no space between classes on the custom class)

5 Likes

That works! This is an even simpeler solution, thanks @PeteSharp

1 Like

You can PM him on the forums, no need to hijack the thread for a message :wink:

1 Like

I’ll just delete it then.

@PeteSharp s there a way to make this work for a one-pager as well? So for a scroll-to-target link in the menu?

1 Like

Scroll spy is what you would use for a single page.

I have a video for using it with bootstrap 4. But it’s all documented on the bootstrap 5 docs.

Do you have a link to the video?

I’m on my phone at the moment. I’ll sort something when I get back to office

1 Like

Hi @tomster

Here is the video… It’s a little old now and based on BS4, BS5 is different in that it’s not using jQuery, but Javascript. (Oh man I remember making this in the early hours of the night, :rofl: they say don’t text someone when your angry, same with videos, don’t make them when you are tired.)

I will likely make this a Bric at some stage, so its easy for people to drop into their projects and no-code.

1 Like

Thanks for your hard, nightly work @PeteSharp but I can’t get it to work. I’ve read the documentation for BS5 but that’s not working for me. Stuff like this is the reason I switched to a builder like Brics in the first place :smile:.

1 Like

Might have to wait for the Bric then :smiley:

Check! Keep us posted please…

Thanks for all your answers!

1 Like