Add a setting for "!important" in CSS class editor

It would be of great value to be able to add the “!important” tag to a CSS style directly in the class editor.

2 Likes

See the other thread, more controls on the way from what I understand.

Pulling this up again… not sure if that’s something @norm is still aware off, but I too would love to have the option to add !important as an option to the class editor. There are indeed more than just a few occasions, where I need to add custom css code to the code editor, just to add the !important to a class, because it gets overwritten by something.

Having the option to simply hit a checkbox to make a setting !important would be nice.

What do you think?

1 Like

I do wonder what that would look like from a UI perspective. Also I could imagine that some people would get confused when a style they are applying isn’t working because of !important. In saying that… I want it too :laughing:

1 Like

Happy that that’s not my decision to make :wink: But I’m sure that @Norm will find a way. Will you? :innocent:

That calls for some settings for advanced users, like in Logic Pro X :slight_smile:

There are times when !important becomes useful but if it can be avoided it should be. It would be better perhaps to give users a method / feature which exposes the css selector / hierarchy to more easily target things properly without needing to overuse / misuse the !important declaration.

Also concerning UI this discussed feature would be very useful to have in the Class Editor.

2 Likes

That is also a very good idea I’d support.

You can re-order classes already which is a solution in some cases.

I figured out the UI for important support :sunglasses:

But it’s not on the key essentials right now :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

You can? How? I just tried it and can’t figure it out.

More info here: Class Manager – Blocs – User Documents

3 Likes

That was not what my comment was suggesting but yes this can help in certain cases. I just thought the suggestion would allow users the visual approach you desire to give them throughout the app.

Right. I never looked at the ability that the class manager shows classes sorted by breakpoints. Thank you!

2 Likes

Nice. Look forward to seeing that :thinking::grin:

1 Like