Color Favorites

In one of Eldar’s new videos from Blocs 4 Training "setting the color scheme” he mentioned briefly the ability to set a color as a “Favorite” that can then be used in all Blocs Projects. However, he did not mention how to remove one or replace one. Can this be done? To save one you just drag the color to one boxes to the right of the color.

Also, is this something new with v4. I have not tried to use this feature before but the little boxes where there for V3?

See the image below for the area marked by the red oval.

Hi @eagle

The colour picker is built into MacOS. And those colour swatches you set will be available in any app that uses the the Colour Picker.

To remove a colour drag it to the rubbish bin. (older versions you could highlight and press delete).

They are definitely handy, I have used them for years.

I would love to have a Coolors Extension for Blocs. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks, both methods you mentioned worked… I am on macOS Big Sur. Also, glad to know these swatches are available in other apps as well.

I will be using this!

1 Like

Regarding this topic, I have something that is happening in my B4 @Norm.

When you select the color picker if you take the magnifier out of the box of the color selection, it will close the properties and you can’t select the color, you have to put the properties box near the color you will pick and the magnifier have to be caching both (the color you want to pick and the box of the properties).

Can someone check please? @Eldar @PeteSharp

Hey @Pealco

I have had that happen in the past, it does work for me though. Just re-tested in 3 and 4 to confirm.

That still happening to me… Is very annoying… LOL

Restart maybe?

I restart (computer and app) , reinstall (app), and still have that issue…

Hello @eagle, to avoid clutter in the swatches I create for each project a separate color palette. As this references are stored locally and not in iCloud you’ll need to manually install them on your second computer (if you use more than 1 for Blocs). The file(s) are located in: Macintosh HD/Users/Your Name/Library/Colors. Just copy/paste them around.

3 Likes

Hi @Pealco, I’m not seeing this. Works good for me.