Contact form problems

Hi @pumpkin

I have read this document you share it explain what each fields are which is obvious I believe every one understand what send and from fields are any ways.

I do have eldar templates and tutorials but those are focused on design how to design and enhance

what is lacking is recommendations and troubleshoots of technical errors in details.

as if I use a bootstrap theme I do not have some issues which occur when using a site created with blocsapp

so I believe what they need to do is bit more testing to make it more reliable and an attempt to reduce the bloated code and enhance performance.

Hi @Flashman

I tried vultr, digital ocean and hetzner it does not deliver straight away, can you recommend some server in EU which you believe is best for sites created using blocsapp

thanks

I use hosting through guru.co.uk in the UK and it works reliably for me, but that is outside the EU.

When I look at the sending time on the emails they seem to be coming through in a minute or two, however these are effectively local messages on the server. If you are sending to gmail you also have to factor in possible delays there as well. Again that has nothing to do with Blocs.

I used Hetzner about 7 years ago for the ultra cheap VPS, but I am pretty sure they were overselling. Prior to that I used Leaseweb in Holland, which had a good network but customer service seemed to be non existent and they were expensive. It was a long time ago though, so a lot could have changed.

Last week I completed a site for a client who had been using Strato in Germany and they seem to be a nightmare. I would avoid them.

I have no idea what kind of hosting solution you are looking for or your budget. Some of my clients also use Office 365, which is another option.

Up to a few years I used https://www.futurehosting.com/ and they had the option of choosing servers in Holland. They were reliable but they don’t do basic shared hosting if that is what you are looking for. Blocs does not require anything particularly special in terms of hosting. Blocs is not the problem here.

1 Like

That is what this forum is about. It answers questions and provides solutions that crop up in use. I don’t know of many software apps that provide documentation on how to deal with every problem and issue that a user MAY have . Clearly, the abilities of each user varies considerably, so do does their understanding of base documentation. So, when all else fails, they can turn to this forum or seek help from the developers.

If I buy a nice new TV, it comes with a user manual that tells me how to turn it on, operate the device and how I should connect it to peripheral devices. If one day I turn it on and I see a red screen with a big white strip down the middle, I contact customer services to find out what the issue could be and get it rectified. I wouldn’t expect them to send me the engineering manual for the TV. Blocs is no different, it provides all the documentation that most users will need to make the app function, but the developers cannot predict all the issues a user is likely to experience. Your case about the contact form is a case in point. The developers of Blocs cannot possibly know that your email provider is going to delay the submission of your form responses. Even if they could, there is nothing they can provide you with and no enhancement to the app they can develop that ensures this won’t happen to anyone else.

You have a good product, based on one of the most popular frameworks currently available. There are loads of tutorials, good documentation and a forum where most people can get their issues resolved fairly quickly. What more can you ask for?

1 Like

That’s totally unrealistic for Blocs to solve your hosting issues or any technical issues unrelated to Blocs.

I receive emails in my inbox within seconds of sending them via a blocs form. I suggest you get some new hosting.

I have had blocs since version 2, but only started using Blocs consistently about a year ago. There are many ways to achieve one thing and you approach depends a lot on your design. Taking the time to learn about the Bootstrap framework really unlocks the full potential of Blocs. There is no reason for Blocs to duplicate the Bootstrap documentation either, it’s massive and readily available.
Of course it’s much easier to make a stool out of the box, but it’s technically more difficult to make a rocking chair and in the process you might have to learn a little JavaScript, or some Bootstrap default classes in the process. Blocs is of course not perfect, there are pros and cons to everything, I shifted from another app that did class styles much better, but I use blocs because it’s flexible, speeds up my design process, has very tidy code and did I mention flexible.

3 Likes

Just my 5 cents to this discussion…

I had exactly the same problem with one of my client.
He said he didn’t get all messages from his website, and after a lot of time we found the issue:

• Sometimes you buy a host that can have 5 or 10 domains for 10€ and you have a 200GB size, and a reseller buy that and use this host for 5 or 10 clients.
  • In my client case the original host was a 1CPU / 512MB RAM and 250Gb and he was sharing with other 5 costumers.
  • And one of the costumers have a NEXTCLOUD installed and was overloading the host, so the others 4 costumers (my costumer included) was not getting his emails, and his webpage was very slow to open.

So make sure you are buying to the original host and not sharing resources with others…

Just my 5 cents to this topic.

1 Like

I hear ya.

I had a client who was unable to add content to a CMS I set up. I didn’t do the hosting, but we soon discovered that their email was using almost all their storage and they were over capacity.