Extension Manger is empty, and no brics will update

Hi all,

I noticed 2 days ago my extension manager is empty on blocs 4
I have checked my Blocs 3 and that extension manager is fine,

I have been told maybe the migration did not work fully, but surly the install of blocs 4 should have still show the extension manager full.

Anyone able to offer some help on this please? I’d like to update the brics and use this feature…so what would be the best way to sort this?

I have filed the issue with @Norm yesterday, just waiting to hear back - but hoping someone could assist on this if possible,

Thanks all.

Just go to: Library —> Application Support —> Blocs 3. Duplicate the “bric” folder and move it to the Blocs 4 folder right below. The same works for the “fonts” folder.

Hi @Jerry thanks for the post.

I have just checked the “bric” folder in blocs 4 and its full…just not showing in Blocs 4, I added the blocs 3 and its just duplicated the same ones that was not in Blocs 4. But still no good.

Empty - strange !!! @Norm any idea on this? Would a clean install of Blocs 4 do this? or is there a simpler way - thanks.

EDIT!
Right - when i went to open Blocs 4 again, it said update to some Brics, when i clicked ok - Blocs them crashed.

I have a report from the crash, which I have sent you on a via support. I did sent a support request in the week, but this one will be more up todate.

Thanks all.

Hi @Eldar (no talk of the Villa game in the week !!!)

On my post, have you ever had the extension manager go empty at all?

Thanks

Hi @AdieJAM

I’ve never had anything like that. Does the coping of bric folder solve it? If not, try to re-install the Blocs app.

Hi @Eldar,

Thanks for your reply, I have copied the folder from Blocs 3 to 4, took 4 out, and put it back in. The Bric’s folder looks fine…just does not show up in the extension manager.

If I re-install Blocs - 4, will i have to re-install every bric again and fonts etc? if so - can this have an effect on my projects…as I have 2 which are critical for live events and I am doing 1 update and day and can’t afford this to go down at all or have issues as I have like 30 mins from then sending me the info to getting it online live.

Would i take the Brics folder out on my desk top and drop it in after? - not sure how it will all pan out…

Cheers.

Yes, but as long as you know what fonts and brics you have used, it shouldn’t be the problem. In any case, there is obviously something wrong with your Blocs setup, so it’s better to fix it sooner or later.

1 Like