HTML Email

Hello peeps
Would anyone know how to make a HTML email in blocs like a newsletter,is this possible ?

Cheers

Chris

1 Like

Just want to make a simple HTML email so I can use in gmail,image a bit of text and social links,any ideas peeps ?

Would this be possible to do anyone ?

In theory it should be possible, since you are just exporting html. but in practice it may be more complicated. I have an app called Mail Designer Pro that does a good job, however it’s remarkably awkward and feels very constrained in practice.

This is something I wanted to do in Rapidweaver, but it was never possible, so it would be good to have some insight from @Norm if this can be done with Blocs. Being able to design and output newsletters using Blocs would be awesome, though I believe that working with MailChimp etc requires some sort of direct integration.

I do know it is possible to export an html web page and then send a styled html email newsletter via Thunderbrird, however I would be wary of going this route. There are lots of legal issues with newsletters and you don’t want to be labelled as a spammer.

Short answer:
No.

Longer answer:
Not with Blocs in it’s current state.

Why:
On a basic level - Blocs uses Javascript, no Inline CSS, use of Divs for layout, etc., etc.,

Coding websites that work across all browsers can at times still be challenging even as of 2016-17, even as things get easier. By contrast coding emails that are compliant and work across all email clients (which vastly out number common browsers) and devices can be even more difficult, depending.

1 Like

This is much more difficult than appears. The main reason is that you have no control over what email client the email recipient is using which could be Win98 with Outlook Express, Outlook97, etc., so the answer is that you can’t do this reliably. Also email HTML has to use inline CSS which Blocs does not.

However, there is an amazing email framework called MJML from mjml.io and there is an MJML App that will preview your MJML code and convert into HTML to use in an email or in Mailchimp, etc…

There are many free Templates available.

On first glance it looks like you need to go balls deep in code but you don’t actually have to write any code. If you look carefully at a templates MJML code using the App, you can see the sections of code that can be deleted, copied or moved from one template to your own template. Once you work out your template, you can just edit the text and images.

There really is nothing else available like this and a couple of hours invested in trying to use it will be time well spent.

You can get your answer from gmail customer support also if have any issue related email then also this very beneficial for you. I have also got some useful information from here. Hope this will help you.

I have used blocs to make HTML emails without any problems at all. Simply make your page however you like and upload it to a sub-folder on your domain. When you want to send the email, open the page in a browser, select everything on the page and copy. In Apple mail, paste your page into a new message. I don’t know if it works with other email clients or web mail services, but certainly it works well in Apple mail, which is a good reason for using it.

If you want to see how easy it is, just open any page in your published website (or any page from any site), copy the page and paste it into a new email. You will see your page perfectly displayed in the message window. You can send it to anyone. The fact that blocs uses javascript, css, and folders of images is largely irrelevant. Most email clients simply act as a web browser when displaying HTML content. This is why most HTML emails have to be hosted before they can be included in an email - this keeps the emails relatively small.

It’s also easy to use blocs to make an attractive signature block for emails. Create the signature including graphics and any web fonts you like. Publish as a single page website and host it on your server somewhere. Open the signature block in a web browser, copy and paste as a new signature in Apple mail. You can now apply the signature to all new emails you create.

1 Like