I was surprised at the table editing

I think this is fully responsive, right?
It’s a very good solution, I really like it, I’ll make it.

Do you think it would be possible to create a table where the user fills in the data and saves it.
The next time you enter the site, will you see what you entered last time?

That is possible. But you need a way to store it. Such as a database or CSV file or something. But you would also want access control to stop people editing that you didn’t want to.

Exactly.
Access would not be a problem, because the site would be closed.
But I don’t know how to solve the rest.

Funny enough I was contacted about a possible project recently, and they mentioned x-editable.

I have never used it though.

https://vitalets.github.io/x-editable/

That site doesnt mention Bootstrap 5, but it is supported.

1 Like

It’s not bad, in fact, it’s quite good, I’ll study it a bit and maybe make a test out of it. Thanks for the link.

Don’t forget we have Volt too, it’s an excellent solution for many sites.

1 Like

I also have the Volt, but I haven’t been able to fully familiarize myself with it yet.
In your opinion, can the table be prepared with what I said?

I have Volt too, but I haven’t needed to use the recent versions. @Jannis is the best to ask here.

1 Like

Hi @Boss81, depending how many users (and how trustworthy they are), in Volt you can assign 5 or 6 users (or thereabouts, not in my Mac atm), if that’s enough.

1 Like

Hi @TrevReav

It would be 1 user, a private little page for my wife.
He would fill in a table regularly, of course it would not be public but closed.
I think he’s pretty reliable. :sweat_smile:

Volt is a master with tables.

2 Likes

:rofl:
In that case, I’d vote for Volt any time! Volt really is very user-friendly once you do a bit of initial learning and the setting up stage. I’m not a great Volt guru, only use it occasionally as web design isn’t my main job, but can sometimes be of assistance.
You know where to come to if you need any guidance! And Jannis is a great help.

3 Likes

:joy: I forgot about that. Great!

1 Like

The table Pete has given us training and a coding to use is NOT responsive, FYI.
I have been using this table for at least a year now, and while thank goodness we have it, this is one area where Blocs has let us down.
There is no easy way to create a table in Blocs.
Table looks OK on the big screen and even on a tablet, but on a phone, no.
https://www.richlefko.com/hurricanes.html

Rich the Weather Guy

Hi Rich, this is not accurate, and it works the way responsive tables are suppose to work. Responsive tables allow for horizontal scrolling on smaller screens.

See the actual description in the Bootstrap docs.

Sorry Pete. Thought the behavior would be different if it was “responsive” but, what do I know?
Thanks for the clarification, but I would still like to see a table Bric that would allow me to create wondrous tables in ways I have not even begun to think of!! :smiley:

Rich the Weather Guy

I don’t really understand what you mean, but the tables were pretty important to me, and I hope we can get a genuine Blocs table that doesn’t require any coding!

That solution pre dates the table bric.

It’s up to Norm if he will officially release the table bric one day.

1 Like

The problem is that the placed table destroys the bloc and disappears from the tree.
If you remake it, it will go back to normal.
I have no choice but to wait with expectation.