Iconic Gallery Bric - Version 1.2.0 Update

Thanks @Jannis
I’ve just worked out the settings to compress a photo to 1480 px width (so it looks ok to me) at only 173k, and another at 66k as a .webp!
They look good in a light box at full size, and I think 1480 is ok as a full width browser image.
I’m always open to guidance on what I know is a much discussed topic.
Test images at the bottom

PS. I used Image Tools+

Looking good for me :+1:

Thank you for checking it out.
The developers are a gold mine for non-coders like me!
Best greetings from Wiltshire,UK
🫱🏻‍🫲🏾

1 Like

Hi,

I have 100 pictures in a gallery and it loads almost instantly. Maybe your hosting is hindered in some way?

1 Like

Works like a charm: foto's

2 Likes

Version 1.0 released via extension manager updates including:

• iCloud photo album integration
  • Image protection
  • Better repository integration

Have fun :sunglasses:

8 Likes

Brilliant - nice update :grinning:

1 Like

Whoop Whoop! Great update @Jannis

3 Likes

Hi everyone,

I am currently running a summer sale: use code SUMMERSALE23 for a 20% discount on all Brics and Stacks, valid until end of July.

Also valid for Volt CMS and Repository Manager.

Cheers :beers:
Jannis

2 Likes

Are you saying this is now available and the preview is working?

Because several users asked, I extended the validity: Use code SUMMERSALE23 for a 20% discount on all Brics and Stacks , valid until end of August.

Also valid for Volt CMS and Repository Manager.

4 Likes

Hi @Jannis just bought iconic gallery. And tried my first gallery. Strangely, it worked the first time with justify layout, then I changed to single and no more pictures display. Then back to justifiy… nothing.

I see the _gallery folder and inside my root folder with pictures and _thumb is also there. On the page source I can see the code:

<div class="iconic-gallery" data-iconic-source="folder" data-iconic-root="/_gallery/" data-iconic-path="installation" data-iconic-sort="ascending" data-iconic-layout="justified" data-iconic-height="300" data-iconic-gutter="10" data-iconic-columns="2,3,4,5" data-iconic-captions="0" data-iconic-lightbox="photoswipe" data-iconic-lightbox-bgcolor="dark" data-iconic-lightbox-captions="0" data-iconic-carousel-interval="5" data-iconic-protect="0"></div>

Any idea what’s going wrong ? It’s a test folder with 17 images, not a big deal.
And the URL is https://florence.128k.ch/photos-and-videos.php

As you can see, I switched to php type to see if it change but no way.

I post here in case someone else could help :grimacing:
Thanks.

Hi @svimic
It seems that Blocs doesn’t include the JS library files correctly. Please remove the Bric from the page and re-add it. You have to redo the config then also.
Cheers
Jannis

Thanks @Jannis. It did work after removing et re-adding the bric.

Nevertheless, in the creation of thumbs, some are upside down, many display as landscape instead of portrait. I don’t understand why.

I have pictures coming from different sources, that’s different camera and OS. If I download thumbs, manually rotate them and upload again, it’s fine. I did that, except for one to show you here. Scroll all the way down to bottom of page and you’ll see the picture.

There is no way to know before upload which one will be wrong because in the Finder they all displays correctly as well as in the Lightbox.

Any idea ? Thanks.

Yes, the problem lies inside these. Each camera is taking landscape and portrait photos differently. And the display in Finder or browser might differ from that. This is a general issue with landscape and portrait photography.

You have to identify which camera is creating the photos in the wrong way and manually fix this.

1 Like

And me thinking palm trees grow horizontally… :man_facepalming: :camera:

1 Like

Ah I see now. I’ll try to create the thumbnails and keep the metadata intact. Currently, the metadata is stripped. Let me check.

Then @Jerry your palms will look correct again also :joy::desert_island:

1 Like

@svimic

Please send me one of the photos which has this problem in original by email for testing purposes.

Done, thanks.

1 Like

Hi. I have an issue with the sorting order of the displayed images using the Iconic Gallery Bric. Regardless of setting it to Ascending or Descending, it always uses oldest-picture-first on the published webpage.

Would I have to change my photo file names? Currently they are named:
2024-03-10-01.jpeg
2024-03-10-02.jpeg
2024-03-11-02.jpeg
2024-03-11-03.jpeg
etc.

I did delete the whole directory content on the server, and uploaded the new exported Bloc files after changing the sorting order. No change.

The PHP version on the server is 8.2.16.

Any hints what I could do in order to get photo sequence displayed in newest photos first order?

(New to Blocs, sorry if I missed something obvious)