jQuery still needed in Bootstrap 5

All fixed and ready for you guys to test on Friday (Blocs V4.3)

3 Likes

Fixed this too.

2 Likes

Nice. I don’t envy the undertaking you had for baking in BS5. We all appreciate the efforts.

1 Like

So how robust do you presently have that? :wink:

Given $ has never been exclusive to jQuery, it seems like it could potentially or easily throw false positives depending on what people are using or doing within Blocs. For instance Template literals / strings ES2015, many libraries use the $() in the same ways as jQuery. In vanilla JS you’re free to use $ in various ways both before and after the apocalyptic world beyond jQuery. :–)

Sure I understand and you are correct. Right now it scans for $( string matches and then bundles jQuery, but this is a stop gap. It’s likely I’ll just add an export option to force its inclusion on/off for BS5 projects at some point.

1 Like

I was actually thinking the same, regarding that option. You could perhaps have a corresponding knowledge base / video about inspecting and console errors for finding any potential issues when jQuery is disabled and determining if it needs re-enabled within projects. It’s sadly a long road ahead but yippie for BS5 helping the overall cause of excluding jQuery and advancing vanilla JS. :–)

2 Likes