Launched my new site.....OH DEAR!

This was pretty much the reason why I left Kualo. I seemed to be on a congested server that saw frequent slow downs or downtime and I found myself spending a lot of time making tweaks with Cloudflare etc, but I was never entirely satisfied with the performance or stability.

I imagine others had a better experience and Kualo were always helpful, so I still think they are a reasonable option for less critical websites if your priority is an easy user interface and good support without worrying if the site could be a little faster or may have gone offline for 10 minutes sometimes.

After moving to Guru I ran some tests and found I was able to drop Cloudflare, so it has all been easier to manage since then.

In the past I have had a decent VPS with Future Hosting, as well as dedicated servers with Leaseweb and others, but they just seem over the top now. Blocs sites are generally not that demanding if you prepare resources sensibly.

Love this code, even though I do know code. Does this mean you could insert any type image, beyond jpeg, png or gif? Example: JPEG2000, JPEG XR, JPEG XL, and AVIF. If it’s true this may be what so many have been looking for.

The code basically says to first offer the WebP if available and the browser accepts it, otherwise fall back to one of those other formats.

AVIF is growing in popularity and likely has a decent future. It has certain advantages over WebP and is backed by big players in the industry.

The others you mention have major issues with lack of browser compatibility, making them a bad choice.

1 Like

This is a useful site, thanks for this :+1: I will certainly use it to improve the site that I’ve just created https://twenty4sevencampervanhire.uk/